Body heat (heat stress) is a consequence of the exposure to high temperature. People suffer from this problem when the body is not able to cool down itself in order to maintain normal temperature as 36.5-37.5 degrees Celsius. Body heat may cause some health problems such as weakness and lethargy, headache, muscle cramps, nausea, a rapid heartbeat, dizziness, excessive sweating, and dehydration. Moreover, if body heat keeps occurring in a long period of time, it may develop into heat stroke. Everyone may suffer from body heat, particularly the old, young children, people in weak physical and pregnant, so it had better know about treatment for this problem. Regarding the list of troubles caused, body heat can be easily treated at home. In this post, Effective Remedies will introduce to you top 29 effective & natural home remedies for body heat that you should not miss. Continue reading the article to learn more!
Top 29 Effective & Natural Home Remedies For Body Heat
1. Home Remedies For Body Heat – Cool Water
Drinking cool water is one of the simplest methods to help not only cool down your body temperature immediately but also supplement the amount of water you lose by sweating. Besides drinking, cool water can be used in another way to control your body heat. Let’s see how to perform them.
- Once you feel the temperature in your body increase, drink a cup of cool water (with an enough amount of ice)
- After for 15 minutes, sip again until you feel your condition is better
This way helps your body avoid tired because of losing water by sweating. It is advised to drink cool water about from 6 to 8 ounces of water each 15 minutes instead of using a large amount in same time. And cool water is preferred than cold water as you may suffer from stomach cramps or a sore throat because of drinking too cold water. You should drink cool water at least 5 times daily.
- Add some ice in foot tub and then fill in an enough amount of cool water
- Soak your feet in this tub for 15 minutes. If you feel your condition is still not good, you can keep immersing 5 minutes longer
Your body heat will reduce quickly with this method. However, you should not insert too much ice in the tub. It is not good for your body. You can perform this method once a day before going to sleep.
EffectiveRemedies Partner Solutions
Ask a Doctor Online and Get Answers in Minutes, Anytime!
Have medical questions? Keep asking questions to a Verified Expert until you get the answer you need.
- Add some ice cubes into a bathtub
- Enjoy bathing in cool water and blow your body heat
But for this method, you should not add much ice in the bathtub because you may catch a chill. You can take a bath with cool water and ice for once a day.
2. Home Remedies For Body Heat – Coconut Water
Consuming coconut water will support reducing the heat in your body thanks to the electrolyte composition include in it. Additionally, coconut water not only is a form of fluid so it can help your body decrease losing water but also provides many vitamins and minerals, which bring more energy for your daily activities .
You can drink a glass of fresh coconut water for few times a day or consume it after getting up when there is nothing in your stomach. Daily drinking coconut water will bring you amazing result in treating body heat.
It is preferred using fresh coconut water than the processed product.
3. Home Remedies For Body Heat – Peppermint
Peppermint (or mint) is known as a spice that can be added into your diet with a variety of effects like cooling down body heat, soothing migraines or headaches . People consider peppermint is one of the most effective and frequently used home remedies to get rid of body heat. With this spice, you have multiple recipes to follow.
- Boil a pot of water and then add some of the fresh peppermint leaves to it
- Keep boiling for 20 minutes
- Let it cool down and remove the peppermint leaves from this pot
- Pour it to your bathtub filled with cool water
- Soak your body in this water at least 20 minutes
Instead of boiling water with peppermint leaves, you can add some drops of peppermint oil to your bathtub. This way may be simpler and faster.
- Add some of the dried or fresh peppermint leaves into a glass of hot water
- After for 15 minutes, strain mint leaves and add some honey
- Keep this water in freezer and drink 3 – 4 times a day whenever you feel the temperature in your body get high
- Drip some drops of peppermint oil to a cup of cold water
- Dip a cotton towel in this cup and apply on your face and body until you feel symptom of body heat fly away
This method helps you not only escape from body heat quickly but also soothe your skin
At the end of a day, use peppermint oil to massage your head is also a good choice to reduce the body heat.
Besides helping people get rid of body heat, peppermint also contributes to a beautiful skin.
4. Home Remedies For Body Heat – Cucumber
Cucumber contains high water content so it is really effective in supplementing water and then cooling down the high temperature in the body . Additionally, it includes hydrating properties as well as is rich in nutrients; therefore, this kind of fruit can not only rehydrate the body effectively but also make your skin beautiful. World’s Healthiest Foods found that cucumber is a source of lignans, flavonoids, and triterpenes, which are beneficial in against oxidant, inflammatory and cancer. Thus, it is considered is one of the healthiest summer fruit for people. Reducing body heat by cucumber is so easy. You have a dozen of methods to consume it.
- Wash the cucumber, peel it or soak it in salt water for 20 minutes and then slice it
- Add pepper, salt, sugar as you want
- Wait for 10 minutes so that it infuses spices and enjoy
- Wash the cucumber and peel it or soak it in salt water for 20 minutes
- Eat it raw (you may consume the spices if you want)
- Wash the cucumber, peel it or soak it in salt water for 20 minutes
- Keep it in freezer until it becomes cool
- Slice it then apply on the skin, particularly the face, neck area
- Wash the cucumber, peel it or soak it in salt water for 20 minutes
- Cut it into pieces
- Put it into blender to make juice then enjoy (You can keep it in refrigerator for better feeling)
You can consume cucumber by these methods above as frequently as you want. You will feel fresh and healthy if you use cucumber regularly.
5. Home Remedies For Body Heat – Watermelon
91% of watermelon is water so consuming watermelon is useful for reducing body heat. The properties contained in watermelon helps remove toxins, which is one of the main reasons for body heat. Moreover, it contains the richness of vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals, which can provide energy for daily activities and beautify your skin. In addition, experts demonstrated that watermelon is helpful in preventing dehydration, inflammation, asthma, and cancer . Thus there is no reason to eject using watermelon frequently. Let’s see how we can process this fruit.
- Cut a watermelon into segments
- Eat it immediately
You can eat as soon as you feel the temperature in the body gets high. Keep it in the freezer for better enjoyment.
- Cut a watermelon into segments and remove its rind
- Put the pulp into a blender then juice it up
This watermelon juice should be drunk with breakfast and at tea time in the evening. You can keep it cold if you like.
- Cut into pieces the pulp of a watermelon
- Mix it with yogurt and then enjoy
Yogurt contains good probiotics so combine watermelon with yogurt will make you get stronger effects. This kind of food is also useful for people who want to lose weight wholesomely. Keep it in the refrigerator is a good idea.
6. Home Remedies For Body Heat – Peaches
Peaches are known as food consisting of high content in vitamin A, vitamin B2, vitamin C, and potassium, which are effective in controlling the temperature in the body and maintaining healthy body and skin . Moreover, peaches are a kind of food that is essential to breast cancer cells and to make your eyes and heart strong. Both fresh and dried peaches can be used to throw body heat away.
People can eat 1 or 2 raw peaches a day or make peaches juice or peaches smoothie. Add some spices as you need to make it more delicious.
However, it is important to choose fresh and safe sources to buy peaches and remember to wash it before consuming.
7. Home Remedies For Body Heat – Sandalwood
Traditionally, Sandalwood was used as one of the most popular medicines to treat various diseases. And one of its uses is to decrease the high temperature in the body. It has cooling and soothing properties, which are able to reduce body heat effectively. Furthermore, according to a research, sandalwood also contains α-Santalol that can help fight against skin cancer, antibacterial benefits.
Try the following suggested recipes to improve the conditions of your body heat:
- Pour some powder of sandalwood into a cup of cool water
- Stir this cup and then drink
You will feel the body cool down quickly. This remedy should be done once a day.
- Drips some drops of sandalwood oil to palm of your hand
- Rub it on your forehead area and keep for hours
- Wash off the oil
- You should apply this remedy in the evening.
- Get some drops of sandalwood oil
- Apply it on your armpit, chest, and back immediately after taking a shower
The oil on your organs will maintain a good temperature for your body.
- Mix a tsp. of sandalwood powder with some drops of cold milk
- Insert this paste on your forehead area, arms, and legs
- Relax within 30 minutes and then wash off
You should apply this method in the evening before sleeping.
- Drip some drops of sandalwood oil to a cotton towel
- Keep it in freezer for 15 minutes
- Rub this towel on the forehead area and relax
Anytime you feel the temperature in your body increased, you can use this way but it should be done once a day.
8. Home Remedies For Body Heat – Buttermilk
Buttermilk is known as a kind of drink that not only contains a high content of vitamins, nutrients, probiotics and minerals supporting people good health but also is beneficial for men with high metabolism and women with hot flashes to cool down the high temperature in the body. This remedy has been applied to treat body heat and keep body temperature cool under sun exposure since ages. But there is a really important thing you should care about that is this remedy is not for people with cholesterol issues.
There are some ways to use buttermilk for you to follow.
- Drink a glass of buttermilk at the breakfast in order to keep your body good all day
- Pour haft a glass of buttermilk into a blender and then add some of the thick yogurt and a cup of water and a little salt
- Blend the materials then enjoy
- You can consume this drink for twice a day
- Add 2 tsp. of butter into a cup of milk then stir
- Enjoy this drink daily to keep the body cool enough
9. Home Remedies For Body Heat – Lemon
Another kind of fruit that cool down the body heat effectively is a lemon. According to Medical News Today, lemon is high in vitamin C (an antioxidant), which is effective in lowering hot temperature in the body as well as hydrating and oxygenating the body to refresh it all day . Besides, this fruit is helpful for reducing asthma’s symptoms, manufacturing collagen, preventing the risk of cancer disease and beautifying the skin.
Lemon can be used as body heat treatment by following way:
- Add a pinch of salt, a tsp. of honey, some water into a quart cup of pure lemon juice
- Stir it well then consume
This way should be done three times a day.
10. Home Remedies For Body Heat – Aloe Vera
A research showed that aloe vera is extremely effective in healing external skin burns as well as cooling the body temperature with its soothing & cooling properties . If you regularly concern about natural home remedies or natural health care, you surely know that aloe vera contains multiple effects both internally and externally.
Let’s see how we can use aloe vera for lowering body heat:
- Extract gel in a fresh aloe vera leaf
- Apply it over the body for 20 minutes
- Remove the gel by taking a shower
If you feel any irritation, you have to immediately remove the gel from your body. You can use this method as you feel body heat’s symptoms.
- Peel an aloe vera leaf cleanly, wash it off, cut it into pieces then soak in salt water for 20 minutes
- Add it with 2 cups of water into a pot and then boil for 15 minutes
- Let it cool down then consume
You shouldn’t take too much aloe vera a day. This is really not good for your health.
11. Home Remedies For Body Heat – Indian Gooseberry
Also known as amla, it is famous for a rich source of vitamin C, an essential vitamin for helping to reduce body heat.
- Firstly, take an adequate portion of amla juice and 4 portions of water. Then, put a little sugar or salt into it for better taste. Now, mix them well and consume twice a day in the summer to avoid heat stress.
- Or, take 2 tsp. of amla juice and 1 tsp. each of honey and lemon juice into 1 glass of water. Mix them well and consume every morning when your stomach is empty.
12. Home Remedies For Body Heat – Cardamom
Also known as elaichi, it is a great Indian spice, which is popular in daily cooking. The reason why this spice is present in the list of natural home remedies for body heat is thanks to its detoxifying properties, which may help your body to cool down .
- You can simply take cardamom seeds when you are sipping a cup of your favorite tea.
13. Home Remedies For Body Heat – Poppy Seeds
Also known as opium, this is an excellent type of seeds in the list of effective home remedies for body heat thanks to its cooling effects, which may help to keep the high heat in the body regulated.
- Firstly, take 1 tsp. of poppy seeds and crush them.
- Then, mix them with some sugar.
- Now, consume it once daily during summer in order to remove the excessive heat in the body.
- Or, you can also eat some poppy seeds before going to bed.
Note: Avoid eating poppy seeds in a large amount. In addition, children should avoid taking these seeds.
Besides applying effective & natural home remedies for body heat, you should also avoid activities as well as unhealthy food that make the temperature in your body increase. Strong sunlight is also not good for those who are suffering from body heat. Hope you guys can give body heat away with our suggested remedies at home. For other effective home remedies, please go to our Home Remedies page. For any comment on this article, please show it at the end of the post.