In our daily lives, at times, we experience chest pains or shortness of breath that affects our health and activity. So how to reduce chest pain? Chest pain is a feeling of being tightened in the chest, which causes discomfort and is accompanied by difficulty in breathing. According to many experts, this can be a sign of diseases such as cardiovascular, respiratory, and neurological. However, this may be only a sign of illness when this condition occurs frequently in life. In the case of that chest pain with less frequency, it may be due to psychological factors or some minor changes in the body. Despite that, you should not ignore the pain. In other words, chest pain basically derives from the diseases related to the lung, heart, liver, or even stomach. If you find it not necessary to go to the hospital, let’s try some simple methods to stop the pain. So, in the article, Effective Remedies will introduce to you some of the best natural home remedies for chest pain relief in order to help you overcome hard feelings easily and fast.
I. Top 7 Effective Home Remedies For Chest Pain
1. Home Remedies For Chest Pain With Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a familiar material that is widely used in dishes thanks to its benefits for health. Apart from the benefits of removing acne, preventing bacteria’s penetration, taking care of the skin, and so on, apple cider vinegar is also very effective in relieving pain including pain in the chest. In details, apple cider vinegar can help reduce atherosclerosis, increase coronary flow and vasodilatation, prevent arrhythmia and reduce blood fat significantly, which results from the increase in secretion of bile. Thus, this can remove cholesterol and reduce the accumulation of cholesterol in the blood vessels rapidly. It is the fast decline in cholesterol in the blood vessels that can help relieve pain in the chest quickly as well. Therefore, right after starting feeling pain in the chest, let’s do as below:
How to do:
- Consume directly one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar or add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a cup of warm water then stir well and drink it
- Repeat the solution 2-3 times per day
Even after you are not currently suffering from chest pain, consuming apple cider vinegar also brings many benefits for health. Therefore, you are highly recommended to consume apple cider vinegar 20-30 minutes after main meals for the better health.
2. Home Remedies For Chest Pain With Garlic
It is undoubted that garlic is a very good ingredient for health as it is largely used in many remedies for the diseases related to the penetration of bacteria or viruses such as asthma, warts, heart attaches, cough, flu, headache, leprosy and so on. In fact, garlic is mainly well-known for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that derive from the rich in glycine, alliin, and phytotoxic found in garlic.  Additionally, garlic also contains a great amount of vitamin C, niacin, riboflavin, thiamine, iron, phosphorus, calcium and many other important nutrients that are highly beneficial for easing chest pain, simultaneously reduce cholesterol and provide oxygen for the blood flows to the heart. Furthermore, it also contains prostacyclins that are able to broaden the respiratory tract, reduce symptoms of shortness of breath and congestion in the lungs. Hence, garlic is one of the prioritized ingredients for use to relieve pain in the chest. The method to apply garlic for chest pain is very easy and simple.
How to do home remedies for chest pain with garlic:
- After waking up in the morning, you should eat 2-3 cloves of fresh garlic before breakfast
- Do it regularly every day even after you overcame the chest pain. This will considerably improve your health as well as protect you from the mentioned diseases.
- Squeeze a fresh garlic to get its juice
- Add ½ teaspoon of the garlic juice in a cup of hot water
- Give it a stir then drink the water
- Perform the solution daily for the great result
3. Home Remedies For Chest Pain Using Ginger
Ginger is one of the most wonderful ingredients in natural home remedies for various pain-related diseases such as stomachache, headache, menstrual pain, and others like vomit, cold, cough, high blood pressure, bloating and so on. This is due to the effectively antibacterial, antiviral, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and especially, pain-relieving properties and antioxidants.  In the emergency of a headache, stomachache, arthritis, or chest pain, ginger will be a great solution to relieve pain fast and effectively. Additionally, ginger also helps to reduce cholesterol in the blood significantly, at the same time, protect blood vessels from damages caused by high cholesterol content and improve blood circulation. Whereby, ginger can have the immediate effect of chest pain, helping reduce the pain quickly.
How to do:
- Pound a fresh and clean ginger then add a teaspoon of the pounded ginger in a cup of hot water
- Cover and steep the cup for about 5 minutes then drink the ginger tea
- Peel a fresh ginger, cut it into slices
- Consume 3-4 slices of ginger in the morning with an empty stomach
- Perform the solution regularly every day. The pain in the chest will reduce gradually.
4. Home Remedies For Chest Pain With Turmeric
Turmeric contains many nutrients that are essential for health such as protein, vitamin C, K, fiber, sodium, potassium, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, and zinc. It is well-known for its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial properties and its ability to heal wounds, bloating and disorders, prevent cancer, a cough, arthritis, and stomachache. Additionally, turmeric also helps to control chest pain and is one of the wonderful home remedies for chest pain. In fact, chest pain is sometimes caused by the reflux of the stomach, meanwhile, turmeric with curcumin significantly helps to prevent inflammation, reduce the excess acid secretion, thereby preventing acid and bile with food from refluxing to the oesophagus.  Therefore, turmeric is often used in the treatment of the increase in gastric acid and gastritis – one of the causes of gastric reflux, which also contributes to reducing chest pain in part. Hence, turmeric should be considered as a great herb for preventing chest pain.
How to do:
- Add a half of teaspoon of ginger powder in a glass of hot milk
- Stir well then drink it right after that in every small sip
- Do the remedy for 1-2 times daily. Besides, you can add turmeric powder in your cooking properly to speed the reduction of chest pain.
5. Home Remedies For Chest Pain With Basil
One of home remedies for chest pain you should save in your pocket is taking advantage of basil. Basil is a member of the mint family. In addition to attractive flavor, basil also has significantly health-enhancing properties as it has the ability to prevent bacteria, at the same time, contains a lot of iron, calcium, potassium, vitamin C and K. Thus, this vegetable is effective for indigestion, nausea, stomach upset, diarrhea and flatulence. Additionally, the antioxidant- eugenol that is found in basil can protect the heart by keeping blood pressure under control and at the same time reducing cholesterol levels in the body. Furthermore, the antioxidant effects of basil also help protect heart muscle cells and fight damages caused by oxidation. Basil contains a good amount of magnesium that has the wonderful effect on relaxing blood vessels, muscles and promote blood flows to the heart. Thus, behind the protection of heart, basil can reduce and prevent chest pain considerably as well. The part to treat chest pain is basil leaves.
How to do home remedies for chest pain with basil:
- Prepare a bunch of fresh basil leaves, wash then squeeze them to get their juice
- Mix 1 teaspoon of the basil leaf juice with 1 teaspoon of honey
- Consume the mixture when your stomach is empty, the best time for intake it is in the morning after waking up
- During chest pain, you just need to chew several fresh basil leaves in order to the pain reduces quickly or you can also eat them in the morning with the empty stomach
- Eugenol is the main ingredient in basil. Eating too many basil leaves can lead to the overdose of Eugenol, which causes poisoning to the body. Too much Eugenol can cause coughing, shortness of breath and bloody urine.
- Basil has the ability to thin the blood, so basil is often used as a component of some anticoagulants. Thus, those who are taking anti-thinning medication should limit their intake of basil because it enhances the blood-thinning properties of the medication and leads to serious complications.
- Patients with diabetes or a history of hypoglycemia, using basil leaves will lead to low blood sugar levels. Whereby, the patient should limit use basil leaves
- Pregnant women eating too much basil can negatively affect the health of mother and child. This herb irritates the contractions of the uterus in pregnant women, leading to complications during delivery or negative effects on the menstrual cycle. Thus, pregnant women should not use basil.
6. Home Remedies For Chest Pain With Pomegranate Juice
Pomegranate juice is a nutritious drink for health and beauty as a source of vitamin C and vitamin E, folate, potassium and vitamin K. You will be surprised to know that pomegranate has the ability to reduce inflammation, balance blood pressure, improve memory, prevent cancer, Alzheimer, and other heart-related diseases.  The red color of the pomegranate is derived from polyphenols, a powerful antioxidant. Pomegranate juice contains 3 times more polyphenols than red wine and green tea. Antioxidants in the pomegranate can help remove free radicals, protect cells and reduce inflammation. Furthermore, pomegranate juice helps reduce bowel inflammation and improves digestion. It can benefit people with ulcerative colitis and other inflammatory bowel diseases. Additionally, the juice protects the heart and arteries. This drink also improves blood flow and protects the arteries. It can also slow the growth of plaque and build up cholesterol in the arteries. Thanks to these properties, pomegranate juice can relieve the painful feeling in the chest that may be caused by a cough, gastritis or heart-related diseases.
How to do:
- Squeeze pomegranate seeds to get pomegranate juice
- Drink 250 ml of the juice every day to get wonderful effects from the fruit
- The pomegranate may react negatively to certain antihypertensive drugs and cholesterol. So, talk to your doctor about using pomegranate or pomegranate juice during the medication.
7. Home Remedies For Chest Pain With Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Using omegar-3 fatty acids is one of the most wonderful home remedies for chest pain that we want to introduce you. Omega-3 is an essential fatty acid for the body.  There are many types of omega-3 fatty acids but the three most common are Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA), Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) and Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA). Omega-3 fatty acids are thought to have many benefits in helping to prevent cardiovascular disease and chest pain- one of the symptoms of cardiovascular disease. In more details, omega-3 fatty acids can help the arteries to function normally and is not damaged by preventing atherosclerosis. Furthermore, omega-3 fatty acids also help increase HDL-cholesterol (good cholesterol), at the same time, reduce LDL-cholesterol (bad cholesterol) in the body. Not only that, omega-3 fatty acids are effective in reducing the production of some of the heart-damaging substances that are released during the fight against inflammation. Therefore, supplying the necessary amount of omega-3 fatty acids for the body will work very effectively in preventing heart diseases and chest pain. We ourselves cannot synthesize and produce omega-3. Thus, the only way to supply this fatty acid to the body is to eat omega-3 rich foods such as vegetable oils, flax seeds, walnuts, dark green vegetables like spinach, salmon, mackerel, herring, sardines, anchovy, tuna, and so on. As recommended by the American Heart Association on the use of omega-3s, we should eat fish at least twice a week. In the case that you do not sure your foods contains omega-3 fatty acids, you can take omega-3 supplements such as fish oil, algae oil that are the supplements containing the most omega-3 fatty acids for those who cannot eat fish. However, you should remember that not everyone can use fish oil. For those who have gastrointestinal disease, the addition of too much fish oil will cause abdominal distension and flatulence when not digested. Children under 15 months of age should not use fish oil because although DHA in fish oil is good for the development of children, EPA will harm the organs of the baby. For pregnant women, the supply of crude fish oil is not good because heavy metals and pollutants in fish oil can affect the health of the fetus and the mother. The best way to give this acid is through eating a diet rich in omega-3s. Besides, for those who are suffering from heart disease or other diseases, it is better to consult doctors before taking omega-3 fatty acid supplements.
8. Home Remedies For Chest Pain With Cayenne Pepper
If you still think that cayenne pepper is just a kind of spice to enhance the taste of the food, you will change your mind as soon as you finds its benefits to overall health. Cayenne pepper provides a variety of vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A, C, E, B vitamins, beta-carotene, calcium and potassium and it is very good for heart. Cayenne peppers soften the arteries, expands blood vessels, strengthens the heart, and cleanses the inner walls of the circulatory system. Congestive heart failure: It also helps keep the heart relaxed and healthy, expand blood vessels, and clear up dirt, thereby reduce congestive heart failure. In the long term, severe heart disease can be reversed almost normally with the use of cayenne peppers. Heart arrhythmias: Moreover, cayenne peppers help reduce the fast heart rate, increase blood flow to the heart, and prevent blood clots, at the same time, support cardiovascular, dialysis and stimulates the entire body system. Not only that, it also helps clear the congestion of the arteries, veins and lymphatic system, simultaneously helps lower cholesterol and prevents blood clots from forming by thinning blood and especially, helps heal the heart after a heart attack. Thanks to its benefits for the heart, cayenne peppers also help reduce and prevent chest pain or chest congestion considerably. Intake cayenne peppers is a great home remedies for chest pain.
How to do:
- Add one teaspoon of cayenne pepper into a glass of warm water, or you can add some lemon juice and honey to make a better taste
- Drink the mixture for twice per day, one in the morning and one after dinner
You will feel the reduction of chest pain within 10 minutes after drink cayenne pepper water. Because of the heat properties, you should not abuse cayenne peppers to avoid some unexpected bad effects.
II. How To Do During Chest Pain Is Occurring
- When experiencing chest pain followed by shortness of breath, we need to stop all activities that are going on, to lie down gently or to rest in a half-sitting position. Normally if this is just a sudden phenomenon of the body, after a few minutes of respite, the respiratory is gently back and the pain will disappear. In the event that the pain persists for a few minutes and increases, it should be taken to a medical site. We can hold nitroglycerin under the tongue or absorb amyl nitric (a 1ml tube containing 3 drops) with a cotton gauze to smell.
- Chest pain can occur suddenly in anywhere and at any time. Sometimes chest pain occurs while sleeping, eating, or driving on the road. In such cases, you can use your right hand to hold the handle, simultaneously use the thumb and index finger of the left hand to pinch directly the left chest between the ribs a few times, thereby chest pain is reduced and then disappear. Although chest pain has been effectively prevented, every day you should pinch your chest for 2 rounds with 2 times per round. This is a healthy heart exercise to effectively limit the appearance of angina in coronary artery disease
III. Habits To Prevent Chest Pain
- Use healthy food: Be aware that the main culprits of cardiovascular problems are cholesterol which causes arterioles, which increases the likelihood of fatty liver disease and other serious cardiovascular problems like chest pain. Consequently, lowering cholesterol levels in the daily diet is an effective and long-lasting way of protecting health.
- Have an active lifestyle: One of the causes of chest discomfort is laziness. That is why we recommend everyone to maintain their daily exercise routine. Every day, walking or running 30 minutes will help you prevent shortness of breath and chest pain while minimizing other illnesses.
- Proper relaxation: A stressful life will cause you to have frequent chest pains. Make the right work arrangements with rest to reduce stress as much as possible. As a result, the chest pain and shortness of breath are reduced as well.
These remedies are the most simple and effective ones for chest pain that you can do at home. However, if you are suffering from serious chest pain, don’t hesitate to come meet doctors at once in order to get the specific treatments. Hoping that, with the home remedies for chest pain, you can quickly escape from the uncomfortable and painful feelings. And last but not least, don’t remember to visit our page Home Remedies regularly to learn more about home remedies for other diseases. We always look forward to your feedback about the home remedies for chest pain we shared.