Stretch marks also called striae are visible white line on the skin surface. Stretch marks can be found not only on the abdominal wall but also on thighs, upper arms, underarms, hips, buttocks, and breasts. The main reason for causing stretch marks is pregnancy. Besides, stretch marks may be caused by the sudden gain or loss of weight, rapid growth, stress, and other factors. Stretch marks may be affected by hormonal changes linked to bodybuilding, puberty, pregnancy, or hormone replacement therapy. And there are various home remedies to deal with them, so do you want to know about these home remedies? If your answer is “Yes,” then continue reading this article. We are going to introduce to you 23 best natural home remedies for stretch marks removal on breasts, thighs, and some other parts of the body. Let’s check out to see what these natural solutions are.
- Best ways to get rid of stretch marks after pregnancy
- Simple but effective ways to prevent stretch marks naturally
Top 23 Natural Home Remedies For Stretch Marks On Breasts & Thighs
1. Aloe Vera Gel
Using aloe vera is considered to be one of the most effective home remedies for stretch marks and other skin problems. It additionally contains the compounds gibberellin and glucomannan, which exert healing and soothing properties. These properties may help get rid of stretch marks by increasing collagen synthesis. Moreover, it contains enzymes, essential vitamins, and minerals that have antioxidant effects.
- You directly lather aloe vera gel which can be taken out of the aloe vera leaves to your affected skin
- Let it dry for 15 minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Take oil out of 10 vitamin E capsules and 5 vitamin A capsules.
- Mix the aloe vera gel with the oil mixture.
- Rub the mixture onto the skin till they are fully absorbed. You can repeat this process daily.
2. Egg Whites
Egg whites contain a lot of protein, collagen, and vitamin A, which can treat scars effectively. Moreover, the enzymes present in egg whites aid in increasing the elasticity of your skin, which causes the stretch marks and fine lines to fade away over time.
- Take out the egg white by separating the yolk from the egg.
- Beat the egg white a little with a fork.
- Apply it to your stretch marks.
- Leave it for 15 minutes before washing off with water.
- You can rub the oil like olive oil after you pat dry the skin area.
- Repeat this process three times a day to get a better result.
3. Using Essential Oils
These are some kinds of oil, which can deal with stretch marks effectively, including:
- Olive oil
- Lavender oil
- Rose oil
- Myrrh oil
- Chamomile oil
- Helichrysum oil
After choosing the oil, you ought to gently rub onto your skin having stretch marks for 60 minutes daily. You need to apply this oil remedy for about two or three times a day.
Olive oil is considered one of the great home remedies for stretch marks because there are many antioxidants and nutrients presented in it that may help to improve a lot of skin problems. And that means it can treat stretch marks. When you use olive oil, you can also mix it with water and vinegar as your night moisturizer cream.
Another option is mixing oils and afterward applying to your affected skin. For example, what you have to do is to prepare ½ teaspoon of lavender oil, ½ teaspoon of chamomile oil with almond oil or the other carrier oils that you are using. And you make the mixture of oils as below:
- Make a mixture of the oils you have already prepared.
- Rub this oil mixture to your skin where having stretch marks every day.
- Keep doing this process three or four times a day.
4. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is acidic in nature, which may help to heal and fade acne scars, stretch marks, and other scars . It is also full of vitamin C and alpha hydroxy acids (AHA), which can get rid of stretch marks fast.
- Cut the lemon into 2 halves.
- Take a half piece of lemon and rub gently on your stretch marks.
- Feel its juice soaking into your skin
- Do this at least 10 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
- You can also mix lemon juice with cucumber juice,potato juice, or tomato juice.
5. Cocoa Butter And Shea Butter
These butters are famous for their anti-wrinkling and anti-aging properties. In addition to having high moisturizing properties, shea butter contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. Regular application will keep your skin healthy and repair any damaged cells. So using cocoa butter, shea butter with vitamin E can make your stretch marks on breasts and thighs fade away quickly.
- 2 tsp of Cocoa butter
- 2 tsp of Shea butter
- 1 tsp of Vitamin E oil
- Melt the Shea butter and Cocoa butter.
- Add oil from vitamin E capsules to the melted mixture.
- Mix everything and store in a compartment.
- Massage your affected areas with the mixture a couple of times a day after having a shower. After a few months doing this way, you can see your skin become smoother without stretch marks.
Some people report that they use sugar as a home microdermabrasion method. According to a few clinical methods, microdermabrasion done by a dermatologist may help to fade away stretch marks. It also helps to improve circulation and stimulate the healing ability of the stretch marks.
- 1 spoon sugar
- A few drops of almond oil
- Lemon juice
- Compound sugar, almond oil, and lemon juice well.
- Apply the mixture to your affected area.
- Let it dry for a few minutes and then take a shower.
- Do this process every day, and you can see the result after a month.
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- A bowl
- Pour the sugar into the bowl and add water to it.
- Mix it and rub the mixture gently over your stretch marks.
- Wash off with warm water after 10 or 15 minutes.
- To get rid of stretch marks, you should do this remedy every day.
7. Castor Oil
One of the best healing treatments for skin problems such as pimples, spots, wrinkles, stretch marks, moles, and fine lines is applying castor oil. It has ricinoleic acid, which is a skin-conditioning agent responsible for fastening the healing process of stretch marks.
- Castor oil
- Cotton cloth
- Hot water bottle or heating pad
- Put the castor oil on your stretch marks.
- Massage it round and round in 15 minutes.
- After that, enfold the area, which you have just massaged with a thin, clean cotton cloth.
- Then, heat with the help of a hot water bottle or heating pad.
- Follow this remedy 30 minutes every day for a month to have the best result
8. Glycolic Acid
For skin problems, glycolic acid is a great choice. It is thought that glycolic acid may increase the amount of collagen, which the skin produces to get rid of the presence of stretch marks.
Follow the steps below:
- Gently rub the glycolic acid onto the stretch marks area.
- Let it dry for a few minutes every day.
- Take a shower.
- Avoid sunshine when you are going out because this will cause something bad for your skin.
9. Vitamin E Oil
Vitamin E oil has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that help to nourish the skin and speed up the healing process of scars and stretch marks. Also, it protects the skin from the damage of UV radiation. Everyone always knows the usefulness of vitamin E. That’s why vitamin E is used to treat stretch marks too.
- Vitamin E oil
- Merge the vitamin E oil with moisturizer.
- Place the combination of them to your skin.
- Do this in the morning and before going to bed daily to get the best results.
10. Yogurt And Honey
Yogurt contains lactic acid, which is famous for helping skin be lighter and stimulating collagen production. Whereas, honey helps to keep skin supple and moist. So it’s a good home remedy for stretch marks too.
- A cup of yogurt (remember Greek yogurt is much better)
- A tablespoon of honey
- Make the combination between the yogurt and honey.
- Place the mixture to your stretch marks.
- Leave it on for 20 or 30 minutes before rinsing with water.
- Repeat it daily for quick results.
11. Baking Soda
Baking soda helps exfoliate the skin and fade away the dead skin layers, which in turn may help lighten the stretch marks.
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Shower gel (which is your favourite gel)
- 1 washcloth
- Take some shower gel into a washcloth.
- Pour the baking soda on it.
- Mix the shower gel and baking soda.
- Fold the washcloth and apply it to your affected skin
- Wash off with water.
12. Coffee Powder
Coffee can have effects on treating stretch marks. Coffee is enriched with caffeine that contains high biological activity and may penetrate the skin easily. Moreover, it encourages the degradation of fats present under the skin and provides antioxidant properties. Gently scrubbing the skin with it aids in enhancing the blood flow in the area. This will help to lighten stretch marks well.
- Coffee beans
- Aloe vera gel
- A cloth
- Crush the beans to the powder and add water to make a paste.
- Add aloe vera gel to the paste and mix well.
- Apply it to stretch marks area while massaging in a few minutes.
- Wash off with a cloth and warm water.
- Try this remedy for one month.
- If you want to attain a better result, you can moisturize your skin with olive oil.
13. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains malic and acetic acid, which can break up the scar tissue. That’s why it can reduce the stretch marks on your skin. The acetic acid in it helps to exfoliate the top layers of the skin to give smoother skin. Besides, apple cider vinegar can help to decrease cellulite.
- Apple cider vinegar
- A spray bottle
- Moisturizer (if necessary)
- Fill the apple cider vinegar in a spray bottle.
- Squirt over your stretch marks every night before going to bed.
- Take a shower to wash it the next morning.
- If you feel your skin dry, you had better use the moisturizer.
14. Black Tea
Including vitamin C, E and B, and some important minerals such as zinc, potassium, and magnesium, black tea is known as one of the most popular home remedies for stretch marks. With vitamin B, especially vitamin B12, it helps to both prevent age spots and hyper-pigmentation and regulate the pigment production of skin .
- 2 tablespoons of black tea
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Boil the black tea and salt in water for 2 or 3 minutes
- Let it cool
- Rub it on your stretch marks.
- Keep doing this once every day
15. Lady’s Mantle
Lady’s mantle is well-known for its healing and anti-inflammatory properties. According to French research, lady’s mantle may help to inhibit the breakdown of the skin’s connective tissues and elastic. That means it can treat stretch marks.
- Dried Lady’s mantle leaves
- 1 liter of water
- A cloth
- Place the leaves in boiling water.
- Let them leach in 10 minutes.
- Mash the cloth into the combination.
- Add the warm cloth to the stretch mark area.
- Do this three times a day.
- Keep doing this process daily for quick effects.
16. Tea Tree Oil
Here are the detailed instructions to use tea tree oil for removing stretch marks:
- Take some tea tree oil.
- Gently massage on the skin where having a stretch mark.
- Wash off with water.
- Continue doing this process three or four times a day and keep doing daily.
Pay attention: If you have sensitive skin, you should avoid using the tea tree oil.
Cucumber has skin lightening compounds and various nutrients. It provides plenty of moisture, which helps to grow new cells and repair the dead skin.
- A small cucumber
- A knife
- Warm water
- Slice the cucumber.
- Take one slice and rub over your stretch marks about 5 minutes.
- Take a new slice and then cover your marks again.
- Let dry for 15 minutes and have a rest.
- Remove the cucumber and wash off with warm water.
- Follow this home remedy daily for getting rid of stretch marks.
18. Orange Juice
It isn’t strange when orange juice is a great solution for stretch marks. Orange juice is abundant in vitamin C, which is known as the best way to treat stretch marks and lighten the skin tone.
- Orange juice
- Turmeric oil
- Olive oil
- Mix a little olive oil, turmeric oil with orange juice.
- Rub the mixture over your skin, where you find the stretch marks.
- Do this twice a day.
- Follow this method daily.
Coconut acts as a fantastic skin moisturizer. With a lot of small molecules, it can easily penetrate into the skin. So it helps to hold the suppleness and elasticity. Moreover, coconut oil is famous for its healing effects and helps to reduce the wound-healing time.
- Take a few drops of coconut oil.
- Cover to your stretch marks and rub it gently.
- Go on doing this for 2 or 3 times per day in 15 days to reduce your stretch marks.
- Take a few drops coconut oil and tea tree oil.
- Mix them well.
- Apply the mixture of oil to your stretch marks.
- Repeat this technique every day.
Method 3: Coconut oil and grapefruit juice
Grapefruit juice can help both lighten the skin and fade stretch marks. While coconut oil helps moisturize the skin and increase the elasticity.
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of grapefruit juice
- Combine coconut oil and grapefruit juice.
- Apply the mixture to your affected area.
- Massage this area.
- Use this method twice a day.
Everybody knows that carrots are rich in vitamin A and vitamin C. According to a study, retinoids or vitamin A may help reduce the appearance of stretch marks. It helps to heal the skin tissue and maintain the integrity of connective tissue.
- Steam the carrots to make them soft.
- Grind the carrots to the paste.
- Apply the paste to the affected skin where having stretch marks.
- Massage for 30 minutes per day regularly to make your stretch marks lighter.
Method 2: Carrot Juice
- Carrot juice
- Sea salt
- Warm water
- Combine the carrot juice with a teaspoon of sea salt well.
- Massage the affected skin with the mixture.
- Leave it until it dries.
- Wash off with warm water.
- For best results, do this method daily.
21. Bentonite Clay
Bentonite clay plays a vital role in treating stretch marks. We can see that it can pull the toxins out of the pores, reduce redness, and heal the skin. It not only eliminates dead cells but also clears the oil and dirt in your pores causing breakouts
Follow the process below:
- Pour bentonite clay into a bowl and add a little water.
- Mix it until it forms a paste.
- Apply the paste to the skin.
- Let it dry and rinse with water.
- Follow this treatment every day.
In horsetail, you can find silicon, which is a natural regenerative. Silicon helps to regenerate the skin, which makes the stretch marks fade away in many cases and gives them a smooth appearance.
- Lemon juice
- Soak 100 grams of horsetail into a liter alcohol, which is 40 proof for at least one month.
- Add eight to ten drops lemon juice.
- Dilute the mixture with half a liter of water.
- Massage the stretch marks area circularly twice a day regularly.
Turmeric is one of the natural home remedies for stretch marks, which are suitable for removing scars. Turmeric contains antioxidant, skin-lightening, and anti-inflammatory properties. Regularly applying turmeric to the affected area reduces the difference between the stretch marks and your skin. As a result, you will notice that the stretch marks disappear significantly after a few weeks.
- Lemon juice
- Mix ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon of yogurt, and 4-5 drops of lemon juice.
- Apply this to your stretch marks.
- Leave on for 10 minutes.
- Repeat daily until the scar disappears completely.
Hope that this article can help you find out the best solution to get rid of your stretch marks on breasts and thighs quickly and easily. However, this post is only for informational purposes; thus, you should meet your doctor to get advice before applying any at-home remedy. If you have any questions, or you know other natural home remedies for stretch marks, please leave them below.