In the present age, a condition that many people have to face is foot fungus. This kind of disease costs you confidence and self-image. However, if you are having troubles with the foot fungus, you don’t have to feel worried as many solutions to deal with foot fungus permanently can easily be found. Continue reading this article on Effective Remedies to have yourself 13 best home remedies for foot fungus including athlete’s foot and toenail’s fungus and to prepare yourself a better knowledge about foot fungus, one of the most problematic health issues that cause displeasure everywhere. And also with this article, the aim is to find the methods to deal with the condition effectively.
- Best home remedies for nail fungus removal
- Simple-but-effective tips & tricks to say goodbye to nail fungus fast
13 Best Home Remedies For Foot Fungus: Athlete’s Foot & Toenail’s Fungus
I. What Is Foot Fungus?
Foot fungus or Fungi is known as onychomycosis, or microorganisms which are everywhere in the natural environment. Toenail fungus can get spotted easily by the characters of inflammation, swelling, thickening, and signs of toe and toenail pain. Toenail fungus bacteria is in both indoors and outdoors environment as many known types of fungal bacteria exist on human’s body day after day without any signs of the problem. Still, at some moments, fungi bacteria can get grown and developed into a real infection, cause the toenail fungus or fungal infection
Scientists classify toenail fungus infection by the kind of fungal bacteria creating the conditions, the infected body area and the level of infection caused by fungi. The surface of human skin, skin fold areas are believed to be an ideal place for the growth of fungi bacteria, which causes swelling, thickening, yellowing and pain.
The followings are well-known types of fungal infections:
- Jock itch, ringworm, and toenail. The infected skin area looks like scalp
- Onychomycosis in nails and nail beds.
- Candidiasis of the mouth, urinary tract, and vagina.
We have to admit that with our social way of living at present, it is likely for everyone to get a fungal bacterium infection. The choice is made by yourself, but sometimes it slips out of your control, so the point here is that you find the right remedies. Have a look at this article to seek some normal but effective solutions for you.
II. The Cause Of Foot Fungus
So, the contributors that cause the problem of fungus infection can be the weak immune system, or unluckily the side effect of prescriptions. With an abnormal PH level of the skin, fungi bacteria can occur as the result of poor hygiene, weak immune system, poor circulation, high level of moisture and humidity exposure, skin injury and coming in touch with the infected.
EffectiveRemedies Partner Solutions
Ask a Doctor Online and Get Answers in Minutes, Anytime!
Have medical questions? Keep asking questions to a Verified Expert until you get the answer you need.
It is clear to understand that with the conditions and displeasure already indicated, the urge to get the solution for foot fungus is important. How good it is, this can easily be dealt with by home remedies. The findings below are top 13 home remedies for foot fungus that work naturally.
III. 13 Best Home Remedies For Foot Fungus That Work Naturally
A. For Athlete’s Foot
1. Home Remedies For Foot Fungus – Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is a disinfectant by nature that is beneficial for treating conditions of foot fungus because of its antiseptic compounds . Additionally, the antifungal use of tea tree oil also prevents the increase of the level of the infection to other areas of the human body.
How to do
- Balance the percentage of pure tea tree oil and olive oil or almond oil which are used and then stir them together. Use this mixture for the infected skin areas for a few times per day.
- Make a paste with the rate of ¾ tea tree oil and ¼ of aloe vera oil. Apply this solution on the infected skin areas at least two times per day.
It is recommended to use these solutions for a couple of weeks.
Note: Tea tree oil is not allowed during pregnancy
2. Home Remedies For Foot Fungus – Coconut Oil
One effective remedy against the foot fungus infection in this article is coconut oil for its efficient medium-chain fatty acids. The fungal membrane is important to maintain the “life” of the fungus, which is why a lot of antifungal treatments aim the fungal membrane. This acid is regarded to be antifungal by nature and become the fungicides and kill the fungal bacteria disease.
How to do
- Mildly compress coconut oil against the infected skin areas and let the oil dry naturally. 2 or 3 times per day of applying is needed.
- Balance the percentage of coconut oil and cinnamon oil to create a paste then use it for the infected areas. It should be applied at least two times per day for the best result of fungicides.
3. Home Remedies For Foot Fungus – Apple Cider Vinegar
For any kinds of fungus disease, apple cider vinegar has proven to be effective and reliable. As the vinegar is the compound of antiseptic and antifungal properties, it deals with the foot fungus. And also, the light acidic level of the vinegar not only contributes a lot to the inhibition of the growth of the infection but also increase the speed of healing process.
How to do
- Have two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with one glass of lukewarm water. This solution should be applied twice per day.
- You may have another option as you balance the amount of apple cider vinegar and the amount of water in a paste made of them. Use the paste with your infected skin areas for 30 minutes. To dry the area, use a clean towel gently.
Any of the above remedies will be very helpful killing the infection.
4. Home Remedies For Foot Fungus – Listerine
Aside from the use of mouthwash, Listerine is also known as an antifungal method because of its antibacterial properties. It also tells the reason why Listerine becomes popular for toenail fungus.
How to do
- Immerse foot and the infected skin areas in the solution for 30 minutes every day. Apply this solution twice per day till it makes progress.
5. Home Remedies For Foot Fungus – Plain Yogurt
Have you known that yogurt is not just a kind of dessert, but its use in fighting against infectious diseases is quite well-known and efficient? As for dealing with foot fungus, home remedies for foot fungus with plain yogurt is thanks to its antifungal and antibiotic properties. The unsweetened yogurt with the presence of lactic acid can control the process of fungi spreading.
How to do
- Immerse cotton swab in unsweetened yogurt and use it externally on the infected skin areas. After 30 minutes of applying, clean the areas with warm water and let it dry. This solution should be applied two times per day till it makes progress.
- Your daily diet should include two or three cups of unsweetened yogurt for the best health care.
6. Home Remedies For Foot Fungus – Oregano Oil
Another effective antifungal and the antiseptic method go to oregano oil . Home remedies for foot fungus with oregano oil are famous for its bacteria eradication and prevention.
How to do
- Balance the percentage of oregano oil and olive oil then mix them. Use this paste externally on the infected skin areas and leave it for several hours.
- Another option is to have two or three drops of oregano oil with a cup of water and have it two times per day.
- You can also use oregano oil in the capsule form.
Keep on doing these solutions till you see the progress.
7. Home Remedies For Foot Fungus – Turmeric
Turmeric is said to be natural material for the treatment of swelling conditions, which can take action on the pain caused by a foot fungus effectively. Moreover, aside from relieving pain, the recovering process is also boosted by the help of turmeric.
How to do
- Press the turmeric root hard to get the turmeric juice then use the juice externally on the infected skin areas. After three hours of applying, clean the area with warm water. This solution should be applied two times per day till it makes progress
- Have a warm drink made up of milk, honey and one spoon of turmeric daily to strengthen your immune system.
As mentioned above about the cause of foot fungus, keeping the hygiene is important if you want to treat foot fungus effectively. You should consult a doctor if needed.
8. Home Remedies For Foot Fungus – Olive Leaf
If the article is about home remedies for foot fungus, it will be a mistake if we don’t mention olive leaf . As the components contain antifungal properties as well as antimicrobial, the olive leaf will take good care of your immune system.
How to do
- Make a paste out of olive leaves then use it externally on the infected skin areas. After 30 minutes of applying, clean the areas with lukewarm water and let the skin dry. This solution should be applied two times per day for the best result
- Another option is to drink olive leaf tea for a better healing process. Use the ground leaves with boiling water to make the tea for the best taste.
B. For Toenail’s Fungus
9. Home Remedies For Foot Fungus – Lavender Oil
Lavender has pain-relieving, digestive, antifungal, antibacterial, carminative and antispasmodic effect. Its medical benefits are believed to be due to two components, linalool and linalyl aldehyde, which are the solutions for inflammation, swelling, thickening, and pain, while keeping human body away from the infection.
How to do
- Immerse the fresh or dried flowers in boiling water to make lavender tea. Use this tea regularly till you see the progress.
- Use a cotton swab to use lavender oil on your toe, leave it on till 20 minutes and then clean the oil with warm water.
10. Home Remedies For Foot Fungus – Tea
The tannic acid in tea can deal a great effect of purification on the foot fungus. Moreover, tea with its natural antiseptic and astringent compounds is very helpful to deal with the features of foot fungal infection in toe and toenail such as swelling, thickening, yellowing and the burning feeling.
How to do
- Immerse some tea bags in warm water. After around 10 minutes of dipping, take them out of the water and place them in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Compress the cold tea bag against the infected areas. This solution should be applied at least three times per day till there is progress.
- With the toe and toenail fungus treatment, dip four or five bags of tea in cups of hot water for around 5 minutes. Wait till the water cool down then dip your foot in the water for around 30 minutes. This solution should be applied two times per day in six weeks.
11. Home Remedies For Foot Fungus – Salt
Sea salt is used to sterilize extremely well. Not only that, salt is also used to treat nail fungus, a lot of people apply because it is quite simple and economical. The higher the concentration of salt water, the more concentrated, the more salty water. If exposed to live cells, saline “strong advantage” will “draw” water from the cell resulting in cell dehydration, deformation, shrinkage, inactivity or killed in the “dead”. Whether it's a human or a bacterial cell, it's the same thing. Therefore, if you want the antimicrobial or bactericidal effect, the saline solution must have high concentration of saltHow to do:
- With salt, you just wet the nail with mushrooms, then salt directly onto the nail and fix it so they do not let them fall out. Salt tips should also be done on two occasions, both to help improve the disease and prevent fungal infections in the surrounding skin.
12. Home Remedies For Foot Fungus – Garlic
Garlic is a good antifungal and antiseptic treatment. Garlic also plays an important part in the healing process because of its compound of antibiotic effects.
How to do
- Press two or three garlic cloves hard and make a solution of garlic cloves and olive oil. Use the solution externally on your toe. After 30 minutes of applying, clean the area with warm water and let it dry. This solution should be applied two times per day till it makes progress.
- An option to boost the speed of recovery process is to have several garlic cloves with your daily diet. You should also consult a doctor if needed.
13. Home Remedies For Foot Fungus – White Vinegar
Similar to garlic, clinicians say vinegar is also one of the simplest ways to treat nail fungus. Vinegar is a weak acid that can help kill fungi without reducing the pH of the environment in a harmful way. Commonly used vinegar with an acetic acid concentration of 2-5% is a simple, safe and inexpensive weapon that can kill some bacteria.How to do:
- Just prepare 1 cup of vinegar, along with 1 liter of clean water. You mix the two ingredients in a small pan, then to the nails are sick to soak for about 15 minutes to remove. With this tip, you should do it twice a day and do it for about a week, ensuring that the disease will improve significantly.
IV. What To Do To Prevent It From Recurring?
- Take medicine regularly and as recommended. The fungus may still be invisible.
- Keep hygiene. Change socks and wear well-aired shoes.
- Make sure that shoes are not too tight.
- Avoid walking barefoot at the places such as gyms, locker rooms, bathrooms in which exist a lot of bacteria and fungus. Wear shoes
- Keep toenail short, try to avoid ingrown toenails
- Throw away old shoes, boots, and sneakers as they might hide bacteria and fungus.
V. When To See A Doctor?
- Pain increasing, swelling, thickening, heat
- Redness spreading
- Signs of pus
- High fever (39 degrees)
- A fungi infectionis about to spread to the skin are a under the nail.
- Your nail's appearance discomforts you.
Above are top 13 natural home remedies for foot fungus: athlete’s foot & toenail’s fungus. If you want to learn more about the natural treatments for other health conditions, please visit our Home Remedies page. Do not forget to leave your comments in the form below to show us your thoughts.