Nervous disease means nerve damage in the peripheral nervous system, and thus affects the nerves outside the brain and spinal cord, excluding nerve damage in the central nervous system. This condition sometimes makes you unconfident and uncomfortable. People usually go to see the doctor to solve their problems. Or the easier ways we can offer you with this article and also with our lovely site Effective Remedies are several effective home remedies for neuropathy in hands, legs, and feet. Don’t feel worried about this, just be patient, and read this article to get the best solution. Luckily, there are some home remedies which can help you to get rid of this trouble. Candidly, when you calm your condition, you can easily implement some natural home remedies to deal with your problem for good.
Top 10 Natural Home Remedies For Neuropathy In Hands, Legs, And Feet
I. What Is Neuropathy?
Neuropathy, commonly known as neuropathy or nerve damage, is a condition in which the nervous system is damaged. The disease can affect parts of the body (peripheral neuropathy, radial neuropathy, pruritus nervosa) or the whole body.
The common symptoms of neuropathy are varied. Depending on the damaged nerve, the symptoms may vary.
If the autonomic nerve has problems, which can lead to the inability to control autonomic activity or part of your body's activities, you have the following symptoms:
- Do not feel chest pain, such as angina or myocardial infarction
- Too much or too little sweat
- Feeling lively
- Dry eyes and mouth
- Bladder dysfunction
- Sexual dysfunction.
If the motor nerves have problems, which can cause loss of ability to control movement, you may experience symptoms including muscle weakness, muscle wasting, convulsions, and paralysis.
If the sensory nerves have problems, causing disability to feel pain and other sensations, you will have the following symptoms:
EffectiveRemedies Partner Solutions
Ask a Doctor Online and Get Answers in Minutes, Anytime!
Have medical questions? Keep asking questions to a Verified Expert until you get the answer you need.
- Increased sensitivity
- Tingling or burning sensation
- Item location cannot be determined.
II. The Cause Of Neuropathy
Physical injury, repeated trauma (traumatic stress), infections, metabolic problems, exposure to toxic substances, and use of certain drugs are the main causes of peripheral neuropathy.
Most cases of the neurological disease are found in people with metabolic disorders and diabetes, simply referred to as diabetic neuropathy.
Diabetic neuropathy is a microvascular complication. It can be due to excessive blood glucose levels in a few years that damage the small artery walls of the nerves, especially the legs. The consequence of a nerve injury may be the inability to feel pain. For example, “lose feeling” when there is a leg injury.
III. 10 Best Home Remedies For Neuropathy In Hands, Legs, And Feet
1. Home Remedies For Neuropathy – Do Exercise
Certainly doing exercise has become familiar to many people, not to the patients. That's because exercise helps to protect your health, especially for people with diabetes, which is the main cause of conditions of neuropathy.
A good workout will help reduce the severity of the disease, control diabetes, and significantly reduce the risk of long-term neuropathy. Exercise also helps increase the amount of insulin that aids in addressing the causes of type 2 diabetes. Also, regular exercise can help lower blood pressure and reduce high cholesterol levels in the blood . Hence, doing exercise is one of the most effective home remedies for neuropathy.
2. Home Remedies For Neuropathy – Healthy Diet
The advice for effective neuropathy treatment is the addition of uncooked vegetables. They are considered a good remedy for many diseases because they contain enzymes, certain fiber properties, and non-toxic substances.
Dietary fiber intake helps the body absorb sugar slowly so that it will keep blood sugar in balance. Strawberries, carrots, apples, apricots, and citrus fruits are rich in fiber, while vegetables that are rich in soluble fiber. Those fiber-containing foods are good for people with diabetes, which is well-known as the main cause of neuropathy.
Also, a combination diet of fruits and vegetables helps the body get an antioxidant source, such as vitamin C which prevents the blood vessels from the oxidant damage.
3. Home Remedies For Neuropathy – Ginger
The benefits that ginger brings to health make it the most powerful and valuable indoor herb. That is a very potent anti-inflammatory food because ginger contains high potassium (lack of potassium will cause severe pain in the nerve). Ginger has analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties, which will aid in inhibiting the formation of inflammatory substances (Prostaglandin). A recent study of scientists around the world results: 75% of people Arthritis and 100% of people suffering from muscular pain are given analgesic, and they reduce the swelling with the use of dry ginger at 500mg – 1000mg from 3 months to 30 months. Other studies have shown that people with rheumatoid arthritis do not respond to many other drugs, but when given five grams of fresh ginger or 1 gram of dried ginger, the pain and the swelling in infected joints has remarkably improved, and the patients reduce morning stiffness. Thus, ginger is one of the most effective home remedies for neuropathy.
How to do:
- Ginger tea: For a teaspoon of ginger powder
- Put 2-3 slices of fresh ginger and one teaspoon of honey, and a tablespoon of lemon juice in a glass of hot water.
- Stir well, let cool water, and drink immediately after.
- Use on an empty stomach.
- Chew the dry or fresh ginger
- Chew a piece of ginger and chew it until all the water of the ginger slices in the mouth and spit out (do not swallow). Repeat the solution several times a day.
- If you do not chew the fresh ginger, you can eat some slices of ginger by adding it to your daily meal, or you can swallow the ginger juice.
4. Home Remedies For Neuropathy – Soaking Foot In Warm Water
Also with the ginger material, but the treatment of this disease will incorporate a few other herbs. Neuropathic pain affects the feet so that the foot-soaking method is a way to relax the muscles, promote blood circulation, and support the treatment of disease. An overworked day will be relieved much when the foot is soaked with hot water and herbs, which helps you to feel pleasant. The body’s mind gets relaxed when you soak the feet in the warm water as it helps improve the blood circulation, warm the body, and cure the neuropathy, and when it is utilized with acupuncture, this method gives the best result. Soaking foot helps liver pancreas enhance the detoxifying function of most organs in the body. Also, soaking foot works on the dilation of the blood vessels in the brain, which helps supply oxygen to the brain better.
- One fresh ginger.
- One tablespoon salt
- One fistful of leaves.
How to do:
- Leaves and ginger are washed and pounded.
- Prepare one teaspoon of warm water, ginger and leaves, salt, and water.
- Sitting on the chair and soaking feet in the warm water. Massaging will increase the effectiveness a lot.
- Soak your feet until the water cools down. Then rinse your feet with lukewarm water.
- This solution should be regularly applied till it makes progress.
5. Home Remedies For Neuropathy – Broccoli
Among the vegetables, broccoli is the most vitamin C-rich vegetable. Also, other antioxidants including lutein carotenoids, zeaxanthin, and beta-carotene are found in many of this vegetable. The vitamin C content in cauliflower is an essential nutrient that helps maintain, speed up the process of neuropathic pain healing and boost the immune system. A well-functioning immune system will help you avoid illness. Cauliflowers also have anti-aging properties, so they are foods that help slow down the aging process. With those features mentioned above, broccoli is thought to work perfectly on the conditions of neuropathy.  How to do:
- First, eat cauliflower before the main meal. Cauliflower is washed, cut into small pieces, boiled in hot water. You should add a little salt to eat.
- Second, eat the cauliflower with meat and eggs. Vitamin C in cauliflowers makes the absorption of iron in the body easier. So, if you eat cauliflower with eggs, meat, and other foods with high iron content, they will help you double your iron intake.
- This method should be taken 2-3 times per week for the best result.
6. Home Remedies For Neuropathy – Lavender Oil
The bright and romantic lavender field has become a familiar image in romantic films. In the Middle-Ages, lavender was considered as the herbal of love, the sacred flower of summer, symbolizing luck, peace, and harmony. Pure lavender oil is a pleasant liquid and pleasant aroma. The main ingredients are linalool, linalyl acetate, cineol, and camphor. Lavender oil is an essential oil to soothe the mind and ease your conditions of neuropathy when you have stress and feel stuffy in crowded . Lavender also acts as perfume that helps the body balance its mood of both nerve and excitement. A little bit of lavender oil and a deep breath will help you get relaxed and pleasant immediately. It is possible to mix a few drops of lavender oil into a beverage or a vegetable salad as a way of enjoying exquisite and exotic.
How to do:
- Rub the oil against the painful areas to help you ease the pain
- This solution should be taken 2-3 times per day to get the best result
- It is simple to add 2 to 3 drops of essential oil to your palm, and then inhale deeply, this is the sweet aroma pathway of pure lavender essential oil, reaching to the lymph nodes almonds.
- And this is called an emotional store, deep in your brain, which helps the nerves to relax.
- The tension is reduced, as well as the self to become happy back.
7. Home Remedies For Neuropathy – Soy Bean
High levels of vitamin E in soybean oil also act as an effective antioxidant agent to protect the skin from the damage of free radicals. Vitamin E also helps reduce acne scars, protects the skin from the sun, and stimulates the regeneration of new skin cells. Also, vitamin E can boost the immune system and help reduce free radicals that can cause cancer, premature aging, and cognitive dysfunction. Alzheimer's disease is a serious disease of the brain. It affects the majority of people around the world. This disease leads to cognitive decline in the human brain such as poor mental connectivity, reduced thinking ability, etc. It is full of vitamin B6 that is known to fight the pain caused by neuropathy efficiently . When consumed, soy can take part in the production of serotonin in the nerve system. That can get you to be happier and painless. However, soybean oil contains significant amounts of vitamin K. Vitamin K acts as an antioxidant agent that can fight against the radicals of the condition, prevent the nerve cells from the oxidation, and prevent Alzheimer's. Hence, soybean is believed to be a good home remedy for neuropathy.
How to do:
- You can have soy products in daily meals, which is good for your health.
8. Home Remedies For Neuropathy – Mushroom
Mushroom is rich in vitamin B: riboflavin, vitamin B9, thiamin, pantothenic acid, and niacin. They work to boost the immune system, stop the aging process, promote the development of the body, and improve the capacity of the brain. Moreover, the mushroom contains a variety of rare micro-minerals such as selenium, potassium, copper, iron, and phosphorus. These are the substances that bring beauty and disease prevention. This plant contains choline with high content. It is essential for the nervous system to function normally. As a result, users feel good eating, sleeping peacefully. Plus, it helps improve your learning and memory, so you do not have to worry about forgetfulness.
Choline also helps to maintain the membrane structure and to support neurotransmitter transmission. Also through this substance, the fat absorption process is adjusted to the normal level. Besides, mushroom also helps to calm the chronic inflammatory state. As we know, food with Vitamin B9 is good for neuropathy conditions
How to do:
- Add mushroom to your daily meals, which is good for your condition.
IV. What To Do To Prevent It From Recurring?
Staying active will be difficult if you feel stressed or anxious or have a nervous system problem. But activities can make you feel better, try your best to stay positive. Let's start with small steps. You can get up to a few minutes a day.
- Do not over exercise. Let's start with simple things, like walking, cycling, swimming, or jogging.
- Start the muscles for about 5 minutes before you start exercising. To be able to do this, you can walk, gently move your limbs, or do some simple stretching.
- Use a speech-to-vocal test to see if you are training at the right intensity.
- If you can sing during the episode, you should practice faster or heavier.
- If you cannot say, you may be over-exercising. Slow down.
- Relax 5 to 10 minutes after the exercise. You can also do stretching movements when finished.
- Drink water before, during, and after practice.
- Exercise regularly, but only 3 to 4 hours before bedtime. Otherwise, you will have trouble sleeping.
- You can turn routine activities into part of a workout program.
- Walk to work or chores.
- Use a vacuum cleaner or sweep the house.
- Play with your children, or take the dog for a walk.
V. When To See A Doctor?
You should look for immediate medical treatment if you are experiencing symptoms above. The professional medical treatment will have proper tests, blood tests to define the reasons for your condition and consult you the best advice.
Do not let your condition of neuropathy untreated.
Above are ten natural and quick home remedies for neuropathy in hands, legs, and feet. If you want to learn more about the natural treatments for other health conditions, please visit our Home Remedies page. Do not forget to leave your comments in the form below to show us your thoughts.