Are you diagnosed with ovarian cysts? Do you suffer from an unpleasant and painful sensation? You should pay attention to this health condition because once the ovarian cysts worsen, they may threaten your ovaries. Before discovering the natural home remedies for ovarian cysts, have a look at the important points below.
What Is Ovarian Cysts?
Ovarian cysts are sacs or pockets filled with fluid and they often develop in or on the outside of the ovaries of a woman. Most women develop at least one ovarian cyst at some points in their lives. Most ovarian cysts occur normally during a woman's menstrual cycle and they aren't considered a disease. They are often benign and appear without having any reason. However, pathological cysts may be benign or cancerous.
What Are The Symptoms Of Ovarian Cysts?
Normally, people aren't aware of ovarian cysts because they typically don't cause any problem. However, in some certain cases, they may cause symptoms such as:
- Abdominal bloating
- Menstrual irregularities
- Pain during bowel movements
- Pain in the thighs or lower back
- Pain during sex
- Pelvic pain before and during the menstrual cycle
- Pressure in the bladder or rectum
- Nausea and vomiting
In addition, some certain sorts of ovarian cysts may cause decreased fertility.
What Are The Cause Of Ovarian Cysts?
There is a wide variety of causes that contribute to ovarian cysts. They include:
- Hormonal imbalance
- Early menstruation
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Body Mass Index (BMI) more than 30
- Using certain types of medicines, including Clomiphene and Tamoxifen (for breast cancer)
Top 13 Natural Home Remedies For Ovarian Cysts Pain Relief
Today, Effective Remedies shows you top 13 natural home remedies for ovarian cysts you should try.
EffectiveRemedies Partner Solutions
Ask a Doctor Online and Get Answers in Minutes, Anytime!
Have medical questions? Keep asking questions to a Verified Expert until you get the answer you need.
1. Home Remedies For Ovarian Cysts with Apple Cider Vinegar
Among top 13 natural home remedies for ovarian cysts, using apple cider vinegar is considered as the most effective way. This is because apple cider vinegar may help to remove and dissolve the cysts caused by the deficiency of potassium . This vinegar is packed with a rich content of potassium and is recommended by a lot of health experts.
- Firstly, add 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar into a glass filled with warm water.
- Then, add 1 tbsp. of blackstrap molasses to it.
- Now, mix them well and drink 1 or 2 glasses of this solution a day.
- Follow this method until the cysts disappear.
This remedy also helps to reduce the excessive menstrual bleeding symptoms and bloating & cramping in the periods.
2. Home Remedies For Ovarian Cysts – Ginger Juice
Another of the wonderful home remedies for ovarian cysts is to use ginger juice . Ginger contains a strong anti-inflammatory effect that helps to reduce the inflammation and relieve pain. Moreover, it may aid in increasing the heat in the body, which induces the menstruation.
- At first, blend a small piece of ginger, 2 celery stalks, 3/4 of a pineapple, and 1/2 glass of apple juice in a juicer.
- Then, drink this juice 1 time a day until the cysts disappear.
- Or, you can also drink 2 to 3 cups of ginger tea a day.
3. Home Remedies For Ovarian Cysts with Almond
Almond is a food rich in magnesium, which can help to reduce painful cramps caused due to ovarian cysts.
- Simply eat dry roasted almonds in order to reduce the pain & discomfort.
- Another option, you may also gently massage the abdominal area with a little almond oil. This helps to ease pain & bloating. For the best results, you can add some drops of the jasmine essential oil to 1 tbsp. of almond oil and massage the abdomen with it.
- You may also add 1 tsp. of sweet almond oil into a glass filled with warm milk and then drink it once a day.
Follow any of these home remedies for ovarian cysts with almond until you completely recover.
4. Home Remedies For Ovarian Cysts – Maca Root
As you may know, maca root is an herb, which may help to balance the level of hormone in the body while producing progesterone . In addition, this herb can aid in nourishing the endocrine system.
To have an effective treatment for ovarian cysts, regularly consume 3000 mg of maca root is strongly recommended.
5. Home Remedies For Ovarian Cysts – Decrease Estrogen
In fact, hormonal imbalance is also one of the main reasons for ovarian cysts because of the excessive estrogen. This may result in a disordered ovulation. Hence, the best way to get rid of excess estrogen is that you need to avoid xenohormones  and should take the Diindolylmethane (DIM) supplement. You may also use organic dairy and several meat products while you should avoid soy foods and stop drinking fluids from the plastic bottles in order to limit the xenohormones exposure. Remember that you should use only natural detergents and ward off mineral oil and parabens in several skincare products.
When it comes to DIM supplement, this may help the body reduce and remove excess estrogen by balancing the hormone level and reducing the development of cysts. You ought to take a DIM supplement daily for 3 months. Nevertheless, you need to change your lifestyle during the treatment, such as avoiding xenoestrogens in foods, environment, and different products.
6. Home Remedies For Ovarian Cysts – Castor Oil
Using a pack with castor oil is one of the age-old home remedies for ovarian cysts that you should not skip. Castor oil helps to remove the excess tissues and harmful toxins from the body. In addition, it aids in stimulating the circulatory and lymphatic systems, which is necessary for reducing and dissolving ovarian cysts.
- Firstly, take a flannel cloth large enough to cover the abdomen area and then fold it to make it 2 or 3 layers thick.
- Next, drizzle about 2 tbsp. of castor oil on this cloth. Fold it in half to saturate & then unfold it.
- Now, lay down on a towel under you and place the flannel cloth on the abdomen.
- After that, cover the cloth with plastic and an old towel.
- Then, place a bottle filled with hot water over the towel and cover yourself in one warm blanket.
- Now, keep this castor oil pack on there for 30 minutes or more and then remove it.
- You should repeat the method about 3 times per week for 3 months.
To remove castor oil from your skin after using this pack, you may wash the abdomen with a solution of 3 tbsp. of baking soda and 4 cups of water.
Warning: Avoid using the castor oil pack during your menstrual cycles. If you’re trying to conceive, avoid using this method after ovulation.
7. Home Remedies For Ovarian Cysts with Chamomile Tea
Home remedies using herbs are among top effective & natural treatments for plenty of health conditions, and chamomile tea is such a remedy. The reason why chamomile tea is one of the natural home remedies for ovarian cysts pain is its sedative agent that may reduce pain and help to relax. In addition, the warm effect of chamomile tea is beneficial in regulating irregular periods because it may encourage the blood flow in your uterus & pelvic areas.
- At first, mix 2 tsp. of dried chamomile in 1 cup of boiling water.
- Then, cover and steep the tea for 5 minutes.
- After that, strain the tea and add 1 tsp. of honey to it.
- Finally, drink the tea.
- You should drink 2 to 3 cups of chamomile tea a day until you get relief from the problem.
8. Home Remedies For Ovarian Cysts – Beetroot
Thanks to the betacyanin present in beetroot, it is very effective in strengthening your liver to help to remove the toxins from your body. In addition, beetroot is alkaline in nature, so this herb may balance the acidity in the body. This, in turn, helps to reduce the seriousness of many symptoms of ovarian cysts.
- Firstly, extract 1/2 cup of beetroot juice.
- Then, mix this juice with 1 tbsp. each of blackstrap molasses & aloe vera gel well.
- Now, drink this solution once daily before your breakfast.
- You should follow this remedy every day until the symptoms have completely reduced.
9. Home Remedies For Ovarian Cysts with Flaxseeds
Flaxseeds are well known for balancing the level of estrogen in your body, which helps to reduce the cysts. Moreover, flaxseeds are a rich source of fiber that is essential for the body to eliminate harmful toxins, bad cholesterol, and other wastes.
- Firstly, mix 1 tbsp. of ground flaxseed in 1 glass of warm water.
- Then, drink it daily in the early morning until you see an improvement in your condition.
- Also, you can add the ground flaxseeds to smoothies, yogurt, soups, and salads.
10. Home Remedies For Ovarian Cysts – Increase Fluid Intake
When you are suffering from ovarian cysts, you should increase the fluid intake. And as you may know, water is a great option. For better flavor, you may add lemon juice to 1 cup of water and consume it. Water is extremely powerful for removing harmful toxins and enhancing the healing process. In addition, it may relieve your pain and reduce swelling in your abdomen.
Apart from water, there are other good sources of fluid such as green vegetable juice or coconut water. Remember that you should avoid drinks or beverages, including alcoholic, soda, and coffee.
11. Home Remedies For Ovarian Cysts – Heat
It is said that heat is quite beneficial in relieving muscle cramps and pain in your abdomen caused due to ovarian cysts. It effectively helps to reduce your discomfort and keep you relaxed.
- At first, take a hot water bottle or a heating pad.
- Then, put it on your abdomen & lower pelvic area.
- You should keep it on there for 15 minutes or more.
- Follow this simple method whenever you suffer from pain in your abdomen for instant relief.
12. Home Remedies For Ovarian Cysts – Epsom Salt
Another of the natural home remedies for ovarian cysts is to use Epsom salt. According to one recent study, taking a bath with Epsom salt may help to relieve ovarian cyst pain & its symptoms significantly. Thanks to a high source of magnesium sulfate in Epsom salt, it can work as a muscle relaxant that may assist in reducing pain.
- At first, take 1 cup of Epsom salt and add it to your bathtub that is filled with warm water.
- Now, add 5 to 10 drops of lavender oil, rose oil, or jasmine oil.
- Next, stir the water for several minutes to dissolve the Epsom salt.
- Finally, soak the lower body in the water for about 30 minutes.
- Follow the simple remedy once a day.
13. Home Remedies For Ovarian Cysts – Change Your Diet
Remember that your daily diet plays a crucial role in regulating the organs in the body. Hence, what type of food you eat every day may partly contribute to your health. Although foods you eat are also the reasons, changing your diet may make a huge difference. For example, women who eat large amounts of cheese & meat products can be at a higher risk of ovarian cysts. Instead, they should add more vegetables & fruits to their diets or try vegetarian dishes till the cysts are gone.
In addition, you may also eat whole grains, legumes, and garlic. You should avoid eating white flour-related products & processed foods and just eat less sugar & salt. This gives you more time to balance and treat your body.
Above are top 13 natural home remedies for ovarian cysts pain that you should try. If you want to learn more the natural treatments for other health condition, please visit our Home Remedies page. Do not forget to leave your comments in the form below to show us your thoughts.