Hydrogen peroxide is an effective home cure that can treat many beauty and health ailments. Hydrogen peroxide therapy has multiple benefits such as reducing pain, detoxifying the body, and eliminating the infection. It also serves many purposes outside and inside the home. Thus, it is considered as a wonder product. In this article, we, Effective Remedies, will list out the amazing benefits of hydrogen peroxide on health, beauty, household, its uses and side effects. Keep reading to understand more.
- Beauty and health benefits of honey – its uses & side effects
- Beauty & health benefits of black seed oil – uses & side effects
35 Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide On Health, Beauty, Household – Uses & Warning
What Is Hydrogen Peroxide?
Hydrogen peroxide or H2O2 is a powerful oxidizer and composed only of oxygen and water, which is stronger than chlorine, potassium permanganate, and chlorine dioxide. More specifically, hydrogen comprises two oxygen atoms and two hydrogen atoms, which makes it highly reactive. Hydrogen peroxide works as an oxidizing treatment so that it can be used in various ways.
I. Health Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide And Its Uses
1. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Treat A Sinus Infection
Hydrogen peroxide is a natural and safe treatment, which has proven to be beneficial for curing a sinus infection. It helps you fight against your congestion. You can use it as a natural rinse to clean your sinus and eliminate the condition. It further contains antibacterial effects, which combat infection efficiently. For this treatment, mix one part of 3% hydrogen peroxide and four parts of filtered water. Then, irrigate your nose when needed.
2. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Cure Cold Sores
Hydrogen peroxide embraces antiviral effects that can specifically kill the virus contributing to the cold sores. Due to its antiseptic, hydrogen peroxide helps to cleanse the skin and destroy the microorganisms on the skin surface, which in turn cures and prevents the infection. It further consists of the skin bleaching properties, which help to lighten the scars.
How to use:
- Add some hydrogen peroxide to one teaspoon of salt to make a paste. Apply it on your cold sore and allow your application to dry. After that, wash the applied area by using water. Reapply this paste twice in a day.
- Make a paste by mixing a little hydrogen peroxide with one teaspoon of baking soda. Apply to your affected areas and wait for ten minutes before rinsing with water. Repeat this treatment once daily.
3. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Remove Earwax
Hydrogen peroxide is an ideal ingredient for earwax removal. It dislodges the buildup by softening the earwax. Other than that, it helps fight any ear infection owing to its natural antiseptic agents . It additionally helps ease the uncomfortable feeling and itching in your ear due to the excess earwax.
How to use:
- In a medicine dropper, take about two ml of 3% hydrogen peroxide. Lie on your side afterward and use this solution to fill your ear. Keep it on for fifteen minutes. Slowly get up and remove any excess hydrogen peroxide with a cotton pad or tissue. Repeat this process for your other ear. Try this remedy every three to six months.
- Mix 1 ml each of glycerin and 3% food-grade hydrogen peroxide. Lie on your side and pour this solution into the ear with a medicine dropper. Wait for around 10 to 15 minutes and then repeat for your other ear. Do this way once in three or six months.
4. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Support Oral Health
Hydrogen peroxide helps to support oral health since it embraces antibacterial and antifungal characteristics. Along with that, it is perfect for controlling the growth and development of pathogens inside the mouth, thus lowering the risk of gingivitis, plaque, and other oral troubles . Moreover, it comprises antibacterial properties that can soothe a toothache.
How to use:
- Mix hydrogen peroxide and water in equal amounts. Gargle with this mixture for a few minutes and spit it out afterward. Use plain water to rinse the mount again.
- Alternatively, immerse your toothbrush in some hydrogen peroxide. Then, brush your teeth as normal.
5. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Manage Candida Infections
Thanks to its antifungal and antibacterial abilities, hydrogen peroxide is a fantastic remedy for candida infection. It controls the overgrowth of yeast by eliminating the fungal yeast infection.
How to use:
- Take one teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide and one cup of water. Mix these two ingredients well and apply it to your affected region. Then, rinse the area by using lukewarm water after ten minutes. Use this treatment once or twice every day for a couple of days.
- For treating a vaginal yeast infection, you mix one cup of hydrogen peroxide with the lukewarm bathwater. Let your body soak in the resultant solution for around twenty minutes. Repeat once every day.
- For oral thrush treatment, add about five of 3 % hydrogen peroxide to one cup of water. Afterward, gargle with this solution for some minutes twice daily. Remember to don’t swallow it.
6. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Treat Colds
Hydrogen peroxide can be potent for controlling the symptoms of the common cold and flu. You can mix some hydrogen peroxide with baking soda and kosher salt. Use this mixture to remove infections from your nasal passage. Also, put a few drops of this mixture in your ears to murder any bacteria.
7. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Treat Gum Disease
Hydrogen peroxide acts as a potent antibacterial agent, which works well in killing the bacteria and germs causing gingivitis. For this purpose, you mix one teaspoon each of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda to obtain a paste. Place it on your toothbrush and then brush on the gums and along the gum line. Afterward, spit it out and rinse your mouth out using water. Use this remedy several times in a week for a couple of weeks to fight against gingivitis.
8. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Battle Foot Fungus
Hydrogen peroxide possesses antifungal properties that can alleviate the itching and burning caused by foot fungus and athlete’s foot. All you need to do is combining equal parts of peroxide and water. Then, apply the combination to your foot.
9. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Treat Mites Infection
Hydrogen peroxide is a wonderful treatment for mite infected skin. You can spray some hydrogen peroxide on the affected skin two times giving it several minutes break between applications. For removing mite and other toxins, to your bath, add 2 quarts of 3 % hydrogen peroxide. Later soak for at least 30 minutes. This tip helps to battle the infection and rejuvenate skin.
10. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Treat Scabies
A combination of borax and hydrogen peroxide works effectively to combat scabies. Borax acts as an ideal insecticide and fungicide to destroy itch-causing mites that cause scabies while hydrogen peroxide is an efficient bactericidal. The combination helps to prevent the infection and lower itchy rashes and inflammation.
How to use:
Combine two parts of borax and 1 part of hydrogen peroxide and mix these things well. Apply it to your skin areas affected with scabies. Afterward, rinse off after fifteen minutes with lukewarm water. Try the treatment two times every day for fifteen days to eliminate scabies.
II. Beauty Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide And Its Uses
1. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Remove Acne
Hydrogen peroxide can destroy the bacteria causing acne, giving the skin a chance to heal quickly, as it a disinfectant. It also serves as a peeling agent, which is useful for exfoliating the skin, exposing healthier and newer skin. Apart from that, it helps dry out the oils on the skin, thus preventing further breakouts.
How to use:
Use a gentle cleanser to clean the skin. Immerse one cotton ball into some hydrogen peroxide and later dab it on your problem area. Rinse it off after one minute or two and apply a light moisturizer. For removing acne completely, try to follow the remedy once or twice daily.
2. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Whiten Nails
Hydrogen peroxide is an amazing remedy for whitening yellow nails. It comes with the whitening property, which can help take yellow stains out of nails.
How to use:
- Prepare three tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide and mix it onto one – half cup of water. Next, soak your nails in this mixture for two minutes and scrub your nails with the aid of soft toothbrush. Lastly, rinse thoroughly with water. For visible results, try this method once to two times weekly for a few months.
- For stubborn stains removal, get some hydrogen peroxide and use a cotton ball to dab it directly on the nails. After that, use a soft toothbrush to scrub them gently.
After using either of these methods, rub some coconut or olive oil on the nails because hydrogen peroxide can dehydrate the nails.
3. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Whiten Teeth
Many types of toothpaste that promise shiny, white teeth consist of hydrogen peroxide. The mild bleaching effect present in hydrogen peroxide is beneficial for making yellow teeth white .
How to use:
- Mix hydrogen peroxide with lukewarm water in equal parts. Swish this resultant mixture for few seconds around in your mouth. Spit it out afterward and rinse with the help of regular water. Repeat this remedy about twice daily to achieve the desired result.
- Create a paste by combining some hydrogen peroxide in one-half teaspoon of baking soda. Take one cotton swab and dip it in the mixture. Start applying it on your teeth and rinse thoroughly using water. Use treatment 1 or 2 times in a week to keep the teeth pearly white.
4. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Remove Discolorations And Blemishes
Using hydrogen peroxide is an excellent remedy for fading away acne scars, age spots, dark spots, and other discolorations . For this treatment, take a little hydrogen peroxide and use a Q-tip to apply it to these areas. Keep it on for ten minutes before rinsing it off.
5. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – For Detox Bath
The oxygen molecule found in hydrogen peroxide helps remove toxins from the body. It also creates an aerobic environment making it difficult for the toxins and free radicals to flourish.
How to use:
Get two tablespoons of ginger powder and put it in two cups of 35% hydrogen peroxide. Then, dissolve and pour the mixture into the hot bath water. Afterward, soak for 30 to 40 minutes in the tub and finally, rinse in normal water. You can soak in this detox bathe water one or two times a week.
6. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Remove Blackheads And Whiteheads
Using hydrogen peroxide is an ideal way to get rid of whiteheads and blackheads on the skin. It helps to dissolve the blackheads to flush out them from the skin.
How to use:
The first step is diluting 3% hydrogen peroxide with water in equal amounts. Next, gently scrub your face to eliminate the dead skin cells. Then, saturate one cotton ball in this solution and start dabbing it on your blackhead and whiteheads. Leave the application overnight and the next morning, rinse off by using normal water. Lastly, apply some jojoba, olive or coconut oil to moisturize the skin. Follow this activity twice every week for two weeks to get satisfactory results.
7. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Clean Makeup Brushes
With each use, your makeup brushes pick up bacteria and dead cells from your face. They lead to acne and breakouts on your skin. Hydrogen peroxide possesses an antibacterial that helps kill off the bacteria.
How to use:
Pour about two tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide in a bowl or glass. Add an equal quantity of water to it and then add several drops of baby shampoo. Mix all things well and swish your brushes in this solution and let them sit for ten minutes. Remove, soak in normal water and wipe down them with a paper towel to eliminate any excess moisture. Lay all the brushes flat and let them dry.
8. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Hair Lightener
Hydrogen peroxide can be helpful in lightening the hair’s color. It further gives natural highlights to blonde hair. For this aim, you add two tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide and 2 ½ cups of water in one Pyrex measuring cup. Then, pour the solution over the hair in your final hair rinse after shampooing hair. Use this remedy once a week.
9. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Reduce Oily Hair
Using hydrogen peroxide is effective for regulating sebum on the scalp, thus decreasing oily hair. For the treatment of oily hair, dilute hydrogen peroxide (two tablespoons) with water (2 1/2 cups). After that, use this mixture as the final hair rinse.
10. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Soften Rough Heels And Feet
Hydrogen peroxide is ideal for removing rough, hard skin and calluses. It helps to soften calluses and corns while disinfecting germs, detoxifying the feet and neutralizing foot odor.
How to use:
Combine two cups each of hot water and hydrogen peroxide in a foot soak. Then, sit for half an hour with your heels dipped in the solution. Dry your feet thoroughly and after that, use a stone to remove the dead skin.
11. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Eliminate Body Odor
Hydrogen peroxide banishes body odor by killing bacteria. Simply mix a teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide with 8 ounces of water. Then, apply the mixture to affected regions to battle odor-causing bacteria.
III. Household Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide And Its Uses
1. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Clean Up Mold
Mildew and mold can make you prone to multiple health issues from weak immune system to cancer. Using hydrogen peroxide can help stop the growth of fungus leading to mold, as it holds the antifungal property.
How to use:
Take some hydrogen peroxide and pour it in one spray bottle. Spray the solution on the mold-affected regions and allow it to remain on the surface for ten minutes. Then, scrub the areas to remove the mold & mold stains. Lastly, wipe the hydrogen peroxide & mildew away. Repeat the remedy as needed.
2. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Clean Carpet Stain
Hydrogen peroxide functions as a great stain remover and acts as a natural bleach. Therefore, it is useful for taking coffee, sauce, and even wine stains out of the carpet.
How to use:
The first step is blotting up the wet stain by using a paper towel. The next step is mixing one tablespoon of liquid dish soap and one tablespoon of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide. Start spraying this mixture over the stained region and rub it with the aid of a sponge. Afterward, use water to remove the traces of soap. Lastly, pat dry the carpet by using a cotton cloth and a paper towel respectively.
3. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Clean Grubby Sponges
Have a few funky sponges in the bathroom or kitchen? Hydrogen peroxide can get rid of their weird smell and dirty appearance. For this purpose, mix equal parts of water and hydrogen peroxide. Soak sponges in the mixture and rinse thoroughly.
4. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Disinfect Countertops
You can disinfect your countertops in the kitchen, bathroom, and anywhere else in the house quickly and easily with hydrogen peroxide. Just mix it with water in equal amounts in one spray bottle and directly apply it to the affected parts. Get a sponge and afterward wipe them down.
5. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Clean Your Tiles
Hydrogen peroxide aids in killing mold and brightening tiles, so it makes a fantastic tile cleaner. You mix some hydrogen peroxide and flour to create a paste. Directly apply the paste to your tiles and cover it with a plastic wrap. Let it sit overnight and the next morning, rinse your tiles until they’re clean. You will see that they are shiny and bright like new.
6. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Sanitize Vegetables And Fruits
You can easily eliminate residual pesticides from vegetables and fruits with the support of hydrogen peroxide. It can help remove the chemical exposure, which has transformed raw vegetables and fruits into harmful elements. It further assists in killing bacteria such as E.coli because it serves as a natural disinfectant.
How to use:
Pour a little hydrogen peroxide into one spray bottle and spray it over your vegetables and fruits. Let them stay for five minutes before rinsing in running water. Use as needed.
7. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Remove Clothing Stain
With hydrogen peroxide, you can remove stains from curtains, tablecloths, and clothing without harsh chemicals. For this purpose, soak the stain in 3% hydrogen peroxide for a while before tossing into a laundry.
IV. Other Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide On Health & Beauty
1. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Treat Yeast Infection
Hydrogen is one of the best natural treatments for yeast infection. It can battle yeast effectively. For the detailed recipe, you view at the Yeast Infection Remedy No. 22.
2. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Cure Swollen Gums
Hydrogen peroxide helps to calm gum pain and inflammation. Other than that, it also helps remove germs and deal with oral conditions. You click at the Swollen Gums Remedy No. 10 to know the specified recipe.
3. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Treat Swimmer’s Ear
Using hydrogen peroxide helps to soothe the pain caused due to swimmer's ear. It owns a natural antibacterial agent, which is helpful in drying out the fluid in your infected ear and eliminating the bacteria causing infection. To get the step by step recipe, please click at the Swimmer’s Ear Remedy No.6.
4. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Combat Mouth Ulcers
A mixture of hydrogen peroxide and sea salt can treat mouth ulcers and canker sores because both ingredients compose of anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and disinfectant effects. You view at the Mouth Ulcers Remedy No. 3 to know the detailed recipe.
5. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Relieve A Sore Throat
Hydrogen peroxide can be beneficial for fighting the bacteria and preventing the cuts from infection. For the detailed instruction, you click at the Sore Throat Remedy No.17.
6. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Remove Nail Fungus
The present of strong antifungal and antiseptic abilities in hydrogen peroxide effectively treats nail fungus. Please view at the Nail Fungus Remedy No.3 for attaining the detailed guide.
7. Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide – Relieve A Toothache
A hydrogen peroxide rinse can help to relieve inflammation and pain. In addition to combating bacteria, hydrogen peroxide can lower plaque and cure bleeding gums. You can attain the specified recipe by clicking at the Toothache Remedy No. 17.
Side Effects Of Hydrogen Peroxide
Stinging, irritation, or redness at the application area may occur. Contact your pharmacist or doctor promptly if any of these side effects last or worsen. Many people using hydrogen peroxide don’t have serious side effects. But if signs of a skin infection such as tenderness, heat, and pus appear, stop using the product and consult your doctor afterward. Serious allergic reaction to hydrogen peroxide is rare. However, tell your doctor instantly if you see symptoms such as rash, itching or swelling, severe dizziness, and trouble breathing.
Tell your doctor before using hydrogen peroxide if you’re allergic to it. This product may have inactive ingredients, which can lead to allergic reactions and other problems. This product is possibly safe for pregnant women. Always ask a doctor before using it for medical purposes.
In this post, you learned and known the information related to hydrogen peroxide. It is one of the superfoods you should use to improve your health and beauty. You can purchase 3% grade hydrogen peroxide from the local supermarket or drugstore.
Have you ever used this product? Do you know any other benefits of hydrogen peroxide on health, beauty, household, its uses, and its side effects? Let us and other readers know in the comments. All of the contents provided in this article are for informational & educational purposes. We recommend you consult a healthcare professional to determine which method is appropriate for you.