Constipation is one of the popular gastrointestinal problems. And everybody, from children to adults, may face this problem at least once in their lifetime. In fact, someone does not have a bowel movement in three days, they may be considered being constipated. Sometimes, in case the bowel is present om the intestine for a long time, the water from it may be absorbed by the colon, which may make your bowel movement become difficult and painful. The reasons causing constipation are various such as the lack of physical activity, less fiber absorption, excessive calcium intake, taking medication, and more. Nowadays, there are a lot of people who prefer using home remedies such as baking soda, olive oil, prunes so as to cure constipation to using medicine. If you are suffering from constipation, this article on our page Effective Remedies today will show you the reasons why you should use olive oil for constipation and how to use olive oil for constipation in details.
- 40+ most used natural remedies for constipation
- All about health benefits of olive oil – its use & side effective
Why Is Olive Oil Good For Treating Constipation?
First of all, olive oil can act as a laxative lubricating your bowel and providing moisture to your stools that make it become easier to move through your colon.
Secondly, olive oil contains the monosaturated fats which can improve your bowel evacuation speed.
When you are suffering from constipation, the mucus lining of your colon will be weakened or it may work down. If you use olive oil for constipation, in this case, it will help in strengthening your mucus lining.
Furthermore, while you use olive oil for constipation, it is also able to stimulate your muscle contraction of the big intestine so it is much easier for your stools to go through the passage.
In addition, vitamin K, vitamin E, omega-3 fatty acids, omega-6 fatty acids, as well as antioxidants found in olive oil can aid in boosting the health of your digestive tract.
Moreover, as you use olive oil for constipation, the gallbladder is encouraged to release bile that is very important for the fat digestion. Besides that, your digestive enzyme production is encouraged to boost your digestion as well.
As you can see, bile in your body is produced by your liver. And olive oil can prevent the after influences of oxidative stress affecting the production of bile in your liver. Thus, it helps to maintain the production of bile suitable for your digestion. Finally, olive oil is steady even in the acidic environments such as the ones that are resulted from helicobacter pylori bacteria which may cause stomach ulcers and cancer. That is the reason why constipation is said to be a symptom of these diseases.
10 Best Ways To Use Olive Oil For Constipation In Adults & Babies
Actually, olive oil can be used alone or combined with another ingredient in order to get a better result. Even though you like using it alone or mixing it with the different ingredients, you had better consult these recipes below.
1. Only Olive Oil For Constipation
When talking about how to use olive oil for constipation, drinking it is the easiest way that you can do to get rid of constipation. Remember to eat a tablespoon of olive oil every day. And you keep doing that twice a day, once in the morning when your stomach is empty and once in the evening before you go to bed. You can get a positive result after you use this method for one week or more. Sometimes, if you forget to drink olive oil in the morning when there is nothing on your stomach, you are able to consume it one hour after you have breakfast.
2. Olive Oil Laxative Drink
Just like what has been mentioned above, olive oil can be mixed with several different ingredients in order to get a better result. But before you look into the process, do you know what you can use to mix with olive oil? Let’s find them out first.
You can mix olive oil with warm milk. This combination may aid in loosening the hard stools. It helps in moistening your colon as well, thus making it become easier for your stools to pass. 
Alternatively, you can add olive oil to your coffee every morning. After you drink this concoction, it may aid in cleansing your colon. In addition, it also helps to loosen and moisten your stools so that they can pass through your colon easily.
Another choice for you is adding olive oil to vegetable or fruit juice. In order to get the best result, you ought to choose fruits or vegetables that contain a lot of fiber. Why? It’s very simple. Fiber is said to bulk up your stools stimulating bowel movements meanwhile your colon is moistened by olive oil.
The last option which you can choose to add olive oil to is parsley juice. As you can see, parsley can flush the harmful toxins out of your digestive system. Therefore, it is considered as the potent colon cleanser. Moreover, parsley is able to stimulate your bowel movement, along with forcing the gut in order to pass the stools.
Now whatever you choose to mix with olive oil for constipation, you should consult the direction below.
- Firstly, prepare a tablespoon of olive oil and one of the above ingredients.
- Next, mix them well.
- Finally, consume it twice a day, once in the morning with the empty stomach and once in the evening before you go to sleep.
You can repeat this process as needed.
3. Lemon & Olive Oil For Constipation
As you have known, lemon consists of a high level of acid which may assist in moving the things in your colon. But why is the combination of lemon and olive oil for constipation effective? It will help to inhibit the dryness in your colon which makes your stools move easily.
- Firstly, take a teaspoon of lemon juice together with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Then mix both ingredients well together.
- Finally, consume this solution.
In order to see a positive result soon, you should follow this process once every day before you go to sleep.
4. Yogurt & Olive Oil For Constipation
In case your condition is caused by bacteria in your gut, you can use this method. Why is it said like that? As you can see, yogurt has probiotics. Or in other words, yogurt has a lot of good bacteria which can fight against the bad bacteria causing constipation. Furthermore, as you use yogurt, the mucus lining of your colon is also strengthened.  Thus, it is really worth using yogurt and olive oil for constipation, isn’t it?
- Firstly, take a cup of yogurt together with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Then, stir it well after you add olive oil to the cup of yogurt.
- Finally, eat it.
You should keep doing this method up to three times a day daily until you get rid of constipation completely.
5. Fibrous Fruits With Olive Oil For Constipation
If you are constipated by lack of fiber, why don’t you try using any fruits containing a lot of fiber to deal with this problem? And do you know what fruits are the rich sources of fiber? They include apples, pears, raspberries, pineapples, peaches, oranges and so on. Although banana does not contain much fiber, it can still be used because it may aid in proper digestion, along with bulking your stools up.
- Firstly, make the fruit salad or chop some fruits.
- Then take one or two cups of fruit salad or chopped fruit.
- Next, take a tablespoon of olive oil and drizzle it on the fruit salad or chopped fruits which you have just taken.
- Finally, eat it when there is nothing in your stomach.
In order to get a positive result soon, you should repeat this method every day in the morning.
6. Garlic, Black Pepper And Olive Oil For Constipation
Providing that you are suffering from constipation, why not using the combination of olive oil, garlic and black pepper to treat it? In order to make and use this combination, you ought to follow these steps below.
- Firstly, prepare a garlic clove, two or three teaspoons of curcuma powder, a teaspoon of olive oil together with a pinch of black pepper.
- Then crush the garlic clove.
- Next, mix everything well together.
- Finally, take an airtight jar and put the mixture in it. And every day you consume a little mixture as needed.
You ought to place the jar in the fridge so that the mixture may last longer.
7. Olive Oil Massage
If you cannot directly consume olive oil for constipation, you can use olive oil to massage instead. Why is it said like that? In fact, when you massage, your skin absorbs olive oil. Then it aids in reducing the discomfort and the pain which is resulted from the hard stools.
- Now, place four or five drops of olive oil near the navel on your stomach.
- Then gently massage for about 5 minutes. You had better massage in the circular motions.
- Repeat this method twice a day daily.
8. Olive Oil Enema
If you are looking for a useful way on how to use olive oil for constipation, olive oil enema will be what you need. This method is pumped into your colon which may soften your stools and speed bowel movements up.
- Firstly, add two tablespoons of olive oil to one and a half liters of warm water.
- Then put this solution in the enema pump.
- Next, pump it into your colon through the anus.
- Finally, wait for about ten minutes so that the enema solution can work.
You should follow this method regularly until you get rid of constipation completely.
9. Pineapple & Olive Oil For Constipation
Pineapple is said to be one of the good natural home remedies for constipation as well. That’s due to the enzymes in pineapple which aids in improving the bowel movement, together with giving a relief from this disease.  When you combine pineapple and olive oil for constipation, you may get an amazing result.
- Firstly, prepare a tablespoon of olive oil and a bowl of pineapple pieces.
- Then add olive oil to the pineapple pieces.
- Next, mix them well together.
- After that, take a pinch of black salt and add to this mixture.
- Finally, eat it.
You ought to repeat this process two times a day daily in order to make your bowel movement smooth.
10. Banana And Olive Oil For Constipation
There are several ways on how to use olive oil for constipation. Using the combination of banana and olive oil is one of them. Thanks to the fiber and potassium in the banana, it may help not only in treating constipation but also treating the different digestive problems such as bloating and gas.
- A fresh banana.
- A tablespoon of olive oil.
- Firstly, peel the fresh banana.
- Then cut it into slices.
- Next, add olive oil to it.
- After that, properly mix it.
- Finally, consume it.
You should do this method three times per day until your condition is better.
Tips And Precautions
Besides following these above methods on how to use olive oil for constipation, you ought to follow the below tips and precautions.
- If suffering from chronic constipation, you should ask the doctor for his or her advice and the proper treatment and diagnose.
- You just need to use the proper amount of olive oil. Don’t use too much olive oil because it may put you on weight or result in diarrhea. And extra virgin olive oil is preferred using.
- Someone who suffers from diabetes or some different health problems, along with someone who is on medications, ought to ask the doctor before they use olive oil for constipation.
- Avoiding food triggering constipation is necessary as well.
- Eating more foods containing the high content of fiber is a good way to prevent constipation.
- You also have to give up drinking alcohol like beer or wine.
- In order to treat or prevent constipation, you ought to reduce your stress.
- Doing more exercises regularly so as to maintain the proper weight is also a good way to contribute to the treatment for constipation.
That’s all about the ways to use olive oil for constipation. After you read this article on our Superfood page, we all hope that you can find the best and the most suitable method to get rid of constipation at home. However, this article is only for the informative purposes, you had better see a doctor and ask him or her advice before using any method on how to use olive oil for constipation above in case you are allergic to olive oil. Besides that, if you know more methods on how to use olive oil for constipation or have any questions, just leave us a comment below or send us a message. We promise to respond your comment or message soon.