A boil is a red, swollen, pus-filled bump that forms under the skin. Boils will appear when the hair follicles or oil glands are infected and cause pain to the affected person. Face, neck, shoulders, armpits, and buttocks are the most common places that concentrate boils. If a boil form on the eyelids, it is called a sty; if boils collapse into a group, that becomes a serious type of inflammation called carbuncle. However, you can treat most simple boils at home. All you need to do is to follow the instructions that Effective Remedies gives you in the article of top ten simple but effective ways on how to get rid of boils on face, back, butt, thigh, & feet naturally & quickly at home for one or two weeks; the final result will make you satisfied.
- Natural home remedies for boils on body & face skin
- Don’t skip 43 most used home remedies for acne on face & body
- How to get rid of acne for good naturally and fast
Top 10 Tips On How To Get Rid Of Boils On Face & Body Naturally At Home
II. Things You Should Know About Boils
1. Causes Of Boils
Many reasons lead to boils on the skin, and Staphylococcus bacterium (Staph) is the main cause. This bacterium will penetrate the skin through small cracks or hair follicles. In many cases, Staph infections may develop into a more severe stage of boils – abscesses.
Although boils can occur to everybody, people are more likely to suffer from this skin infection if they have these health problems:
- Kidney failure
- Impaired immune system
- Poor-quality of hygiene
- Medication side effects on the skin
2. Symptoms Of Boils
A boil is usually as large as a pea, but it can grow up to a golf ball size. Some symptoms of boils are:
- Hard, red and painful lumps at first.
- Softer, larger and more painful lumps after few days.
- A pocket of pus will be formed and may either seep or crust.
Some other severe signs that can perform:
- The skin area around the boils also becomes red, swollen and painful because of inflammation.
- More and more boils appear.
- You feel tired and develop a fever.
III. How To Get Rid Of Boils On Face, Back, Butt, Thigh, & Feet Quickly
As mentioned above, most simple boils will disappear with home treatments. Now let’s take a look at ten remedies that help remove boils safely and quickly at home.
EffectiveRemedies Partner Solutions
Ask a Doctor Online and Get Answers in Minutes, Anytime!
Have medical questions? Keep asking questions to a Verified Expert until you get the answer you need.
1. How To Get Rid Of Boils – Warm Compress
The easiest way you can think about is to use a warm compress to speed up the draining process. The effect of heat is to dilate vessels, increase circulation and bring more antibodies to the skin area of infection to fight off the bacteria. Cover the skin with boils with a warm compress for 15 to 20 minutes at a time, repeat a couple of time in a day until you get rid of the boils.
2. How To Get Rid Of Boils – Fresh Garlic
Fresh garlic contains a lot of antimicrobial properties, anti-inflammatory agents, and antioxidants that especially effective in the treatment of bacterial diseases or inflammations. It even eliminates post-boils bruises and slows down the aging process of the skin. Therefore, using garlic to treat boils is an awesome and also economical method you should notice.
- Peel and crush some cloves of garlic, then apply the crushed garlic directly to the boil for 15 minutes, finally rinse off with water. Do this once a day.
- Press garlic finely and extract the juice, apply a thin layer of the garlic juice to the boil for 10 to 30 minutes, then clean with warm water. This method can be done once or twice a day.
If you have sensitive skin type, it is better to follow remedy 2. And remember to dilute the garlic juice with water before dabbing the solution on your skin.
Learn more: Top 108 beauty & health benefits of garlic
3. How To Get Rid Of Boils – Turmeric
Turmeric has curcumin – a powerful antioxidant – in its component, which plays an important role in reducing inflammation as well as swelling, killing bacteria to heal and remove boils quickly . Besides, turmeric also can whiten skin and treat blemishes. Thanks to these uses, you can get rid of boils effectively with both fresh turmeric and turmeric powder.
Remedy 1: Fresh Turmeric
- It is the simplest way to treat boils with turmeric. You need to crush the turmeric and apply to the boil daily. Do not forget to wash your hands and the infected site first to prevent the spread of bacteria.
Remedy 2: Turmeric Powder
There are some ingredients that you can choose to combine with turmeric powder, creating different mixtures that have beneficial effects on boils treatment.
Method 1: Turmeric powder with the ginger powder
- Add these two kinds of powder into a small cup of water to make a paste.
- Apply the paste to the boil for 5 to 10 minutes at least twice a day.
Method 2: Turmeric powder with honey
- Mix turmeric powder with a sufficient amount of honey.
- Use the mixture as a mask for your infected skin twice a week.
Method 3: Diluted turmeric powder
- In this method, you will ingest turmeric powder.
- First, dissolve turmeric powder with near boiling water or milk.
- Then wait for the solution to cool down and drink it three times daily.
4. How To Get Rid Of Boils – Nutmeg
Nutmeg has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that help your body fight the bacterial infection in boils. Furthermore, you can add nutmeg to your daily diet to improve the immune system. For treating boils, mix ground nutmeg with a cup of hot water or milk and drink it every day. Alternatively, also with nutmeg and water, you can make a paste to cover the affected skin.
5. How To Get Rid Of Boils – Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is one of the top remedies for treating skin problems such as boils or many types of acne due to its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory abilities . Tea tree essential oil can cause burns if you apply it directly to the skin. Therefore, you should mix it with coconut oil, then pour a small amount on a cotton swab and lightly dab on the boil. Follow this method twice a day until the boil disappears.
Get more: Best natural acne treatment recipes: Top 30 at home solutions
6. How To Get Rid Of Boils – Castor Oil
Castor oil has many benefits in skin care, one of them is to heal inflamed skin caused by boils. The ricinoleic acid contained in castor oil provides strong anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties which make castor oil a perfect treatment for boils.
What you have to do:
- Dip a cotton ball into castor oil.
- Apply directly to the boil and leave there for an hour.
- Repeat the process whenever you are free or at least three times a day to achieve the best result.
7. How To Get Rid Of Boils – Neem Oil
Neem is a popular Ayurvedic herb. Research shows that neem oil contains antibacterial, antifungal, antiseptic, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory compounds that are very useful in removing skin infections, including boils . Apply neem essential oil directly to the affected area for 10 to 15 minutes, 3 to 4 times daily; or you can dilute it with water, coconut oil or olive oil to get the same effect.
8. How To Get Rid Of Boils – Epsom Salt
Because of dehydration, Epsom salt can dry out the pus and lead to the drainage of boils. Soak a soft cloth into dilute Epsom salt solution, wring out most of the water and place the cloth on the infected skin area for about 20 minutes or until the cloth reaches to room temperature. You should repeat this several times during the day until the problem is solved.
9. How To Get Rid Of Boils – Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is a well-known natural antibacterial agent. For many years, ACV has been proved to be an effective folk remedy for many health problems, including inflammatory treatment. You will only need to prepare a cup of ACV and a cotton pad in this remedy. Then soak the pad in the ACV, apply it to the boil and leave for 10 minutes. Do this twice a day.
10. How To Get Rid Of Boils – Tridax Procumbens
Tridax Procumbens (Tridax Daisy) is a plant that grows in tropical and subtropical climates. Many studies have shown the ability of this plant in treating infectious skin diseases, as there are antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and mild astringent characteristics. A paste of leaves or oil extracted from leaves can help to reduce swelling and drain the boils faster.
IV. How To Prevent Boils From Recurring
You can find here some tips to prevent boils from recurring, or at least to reduce the appearance of these nasty things:
- Maintain good hygiene: Wash your face and bathe with antibacterial soaps frequently to avoid the formation of bacteria on the skin.
- Occasionally, you should use bath gloves or a brush to exfoliate your skin, especially places that easily develop boils like armpits, shoulders…
- Keep the areas at risk hydrated: Face, neck, armpits, shoulders or buttocks are usually in damp condition because of excess oil or sweat. A moist condition is a favorable environment for bacteria to grow, so keep these areas as dry as possible is the necessity to prevent boils.
- Follow a nutritious diet to boost your immune system.
- Choose the right clothes: Make sure you are wearing the right kind of fabric that allows your skin to breath. You can use cotton, silk, rayon (made from synthetic fibers and cotton), or linen.
- Wash your hands with antibacterial soaps immediately after touching a boil.
V. When To See Doctor?
You have to seek medical care if any of these below happen:
- Boils situation does not progress well after two weeks following the remedies recommended.
- Boils are getting larger, and the pain is more severe than in the beginning.
- A fever starts developing.
- Boils appear when you are suffering from diabetes, using drugs that suppress the immune system or you have a poor immune system.
- You have recurring several times in the long run.
We hope this article not only has brought you the most comprehensive and understandable information on how to get rid of boils on face, back, butt, thigh, and feet naturally but also can help you in choosing the suitable method to escape from this problem. For more treatments of other diseases or body issues, visit our main How To page. And if you have any question or something to share, please leave a comment below.