Oily hair is troublesome and affects both men and women in the world. The natural oils in the scalp are produced due to sebaceous glands, which help to keep your hair damage-free, shiny, and healthy. However, the problem arises once these sebaceous glands produce too much sebum or oil, making your hair greasy. Excess oil in the hair and scalp makes it lose its natural shine and volume, making it lackluster, lifeless, and limp. Apart from that, oily hair attracts impurities, grime, dirt, and pollutants to stick to your scalp and hair. So, how to control the production of oil and keep your hair looking voluminous, smooth, and shiny? Washing frequently is an excellent way to keep your scalp and hair clean. Using the proper hair care products will also help in this case, but the chemicals in these products may be not good for your hair in the long run. So, natural is the ideal way to go. Treat yourself with a DIY homemade hair mask for oily hair. This DIY recipe helps to treat oily hair with the goodness of yogurt, lemon juice, and baking soda. To know more, keep reading this article on Effective Remedies.
DIY Homemade Hair Mask For Oily Hair Removal
I. Benefits Of Lemon Juice, Baking Soda, And Yogurt
This recipe includes three ingredients, namely baking soda, yogurt, and lemon juice. Let’s check out these benefits on oily hair in particular and the health of your hair in general.
1. Lemon Juice
Lemon is beneficial for different types of problems related to your hair and scalp, including oily hair. It helps to fade away all the product build-up in the hair that is a root reason for oily hair, as it works as a natural clarifier. Besides, it comes with the acidic property that is helpful in balancing your scalp’s pH level and managing the oil secretion. It further promotes healthy hair because it is abundant in many vital minerals and vitamins.
2. Baking Soda
Baking soda comes with the oil-absorbing quality, making it a perfect solution for oily hair. Besides, its alkaline nature aids in balancing the pH level of your scalp and reducing the foul smell. It also eliminates the excess sebum produced due to the scalp. It is useful for washing off the grease and oil on your hair, leaving it clean and soft.
Yogurt helps to regulate sebum production, thus balancing the pH levels of the scalp. It also contains anti-fungal agents that can get rid of dandruff. It further helps to repair dry and damaged hair due to its moisturizing properties.
EffectiveRemedies Partner Solutions
Ask a Doctor Online and Get Answers in Minutes, Anytime!
Have medical questions? Keep asking questions to a Verified Expert until you get the answer you need.
II. How To Make This Hair Mask
You Need To Prepare
- Plain yogurt – ½ cup
- Baking soda – one teaspoon
- Lemon juice – two tablespoons
How To Do
Just mix the plain yogurt with the baking soda and lemon juice. Whisk thoroughly to achieve a smooth paste. Your homemade hair mask for oily hair is ready now.
III. How To Use
- Apply the resultant mask to your hair and scalp.
- Use a towel to cover your hair.
- Wash it off after 30 minutes with the support of plain water.
- Apply this mask no more than one time a week.
IV. Tips To Keep Oily Hair Grease Free And Clean
- Use a shampoo that is designed for oily hair.
- Every time you shampoo the hair, rinse it well to help remove any chemical residue from the scalp.
- Avoid scratching or rubbing your scalp when greasy since it can cause infection.
- Apply conditioners only to the ends of the hair, wait for several minutes and rinse it off.
- Consume foods rich in vitamin A, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids to maintain healthy hair.
- Stay away from brushing the hair too much because it encourages the oil-producing glands.
- Wash your hair and scalp regularly with a mild hair cleanser.
Try this simple hair mask to battle oily hair quickly and naturally. Do you know other ways of making a hair mask for oily hair? If yes, don’t hesitate to share with us.