Erectile Dysfunction (ED) is a common problem in men. In fact, half of all men have erectile dysfunction at some level. That is the condition that a man cannot achieve or maintain an erection. It can result in guilt and depression. There are various reasons for erectile dysfunction. However, they are classified into two categories – physical and psychological. Researchers have shown that about 70 percent of cases of this condition come from physical causes and the rest comes from psychological causes.
- Physical causes consist of diabetes, hypertension, kidney issues, high cholesterol, hormonal changes due to aging, obesity, nutritional deficiencies, etc.
- Psychological causes consist of anxiety, stress, depression, and other mental health problems.
Erectile dysfunction can be a sign of a serious condition. Hence you should see the doctor to get the proper diagnosis and treatment. However, you can try applying some natural home remedies. Today’s article describes 12 best natural home remedies for erectile dysfunction.
- Quick natural home remedies for depression
- Natural & effective home remedies for anxiety attacks relief
- Natural home remedies for stress relief
12 Best Natural Home Remedies For Erectile Dysfunction Revealed
One of the underlying causes of sexual issues is the lack of blood circulation. Thankfully, almonds become a great aphrodisiac due to their nutrients. Almonds are rich in Vitamin E that may help stimulate healthy blood flow in the body . Besides, they also contain copper, manganese, and zinc.
- Take one tablespoon of powdered almond and mix it in a cup of warm milk. Drink this every day before you go to sleep.
- Another way is to eat these almonds 30 minutes before you go to sleep in every evening.
- Try one of two ways within one month to see the difference.
In carrots, various nutrients can help men prevent health conditions, particularly erectile dysfunction. The lack of potassium and vitamin E is a cause of this condition. Carrot contains the great amount of potassium and vitamin E. Hence, it can correct deficiencies. Plus, antioxidants in carrot can slow the aging process down that prevents the risk of ED.
- Prepare three carrots, half of the beetroot, three celery stalks, and one garlic cloves. After that, blend them in a juicer. Consume this juice once daily.
- Alternatively, make a mixture of a cup of warm milk and two tablespoons of grated carrot.
- You can also eat raw carrots daily.
Erectile Dysfunction is the problem associated with poor blood circulation. If the penis does not get enough quantity of blood, the men will not reach and sustain the erection. Garlic is the type of potent medical plan in treating different diseases . Consuming four cloves of garlic daily may improve the blood circulation.
- Heat four garlic cloves with a little bit clarified butter on low flame until the garlic cloves turn golden brown. Consume these garlic cloves daily.
- Or you can make foods containing garlic.
Ginger is another good remedy you can try to treat erectile dysfunction. It contains aphrodisiac properties that can reduce impotence and premature ejaculation. Along with this, ginger also stimulates the blood circulation due to the active compounds such as gingerol, zingiberene, and shogaol.
- Make the mixture of two teaspoons of ginger paste and two teaspoons of honey. Consume this three times daily within one or two months.
- Another simple way is to drink about three cups of ginger tea every day.
Onion is the natural treatment to prevent health conditions including erectile dysfunction. It contains aphrodisiac properties that assist in controlling ejaculation. Onions are also an excellent solution to strengthen the reproductive organs and increase the sexual competency.
- Slide one large white onion. Fry the slices with clarified butter until they turn brown. Consume them with one tablespoon of honey. Repeat this method daily.
6. Korean Red Ginseng
Korean red ginseng is an effective natural treatment for ED as well . It is a traditional Asian remedy that has significant therapeutic effects on libido, penile rigidity, and the satisfaction. However, before using Korean red ginseng, you should discuss with a doctor because it can cause allergic reactions.
- Consuming the amount between 600 and 1000 mg three times a day.
7. Pomegranate Juice
Pomegranate is rich in antioxidant that can help men against ED because it stimulates blood circulation and eases stress. Also, pomegranate juice helps increase nitrite oxide, one critical substance in keeping erections.
- Consume a cup of pomegranate juice daily.
8. Cayenne Pepper And Garlic
The combination of cayenne pepper and garlic is an extremely powerful remedy for curing erectile dysfunction. Cayenne pepper boosts circulation right throughout the body and garlic helps dilate blood vessels and stimulate blood flow. Therefore, they become a potent combination for treating diabetes, high cholesterol and reducing blood pressure, diseases leading to ED.
- Try to use cayenne pepper and garlic in your cooking, but should not overdose on these amazing spices.
9. Exercising Regularly
Doing physical activities regularly boosts blood supply and improves your heart. This helps blood flow to all corners of the body, including the blood flow leading to the firm erections. Exercising also steps up your libido by releasing endorphins that make you feel good. Additionally, exercise produces nitric oxide that keeps the arteries open. Therefore, the flow of blood to the penis becomes speedier. Start with brisk walking at least 20 minutes a day or another activity to make more nitric oxide contributing to the maintenance of the erection and your health in general.
10. Reducing Stress
When you are stressed, your body has to overwork to fight off the stress. Hence you will lose much energy to deal with this condition. Besides, trying to have sex makes the body have to face new stress. This results in the lack of erections. So, if you want to prevent erectile dysfunction, stress is the thing you need to eliminate immediately. Dr. Julian Nesbitt said: “Stress releases cortisol which can negative physical effects as well as emotional psychological effects which you being stressed you may be less likely to maintain an erection. Try to take time for your self and try breathing/ relaxation exercises.”
11. Getting Enough Sleep
Sleeping well is crucial for treating erectile dysfunction. As you may know, when we sleep, our body repairs itself. The brain gets the chance to remove waste and toxins. At the same time, your body produces testosterone, one essential substance for the sexual system to work properly. With the low level of testosterone, getting erections becomes difficult and this will lead to erectile dysfunction. Therefore, you need to have a 7-hour sleep every night to ensure the sexual health.
12. Stopping Masturbating And Watching Porn
Masturbating and watching porn cause negative impacts on both physical and mental health. These activities make too much sexual stimulation. Hence the brain will get overloaded. However, giving them up is not easy and you need time to make things normal again. Dr. Julian Nesbitt said: “Watching porn has a negative psychological effect as can make your expectation of sex unrealistic and therefore you are no longer aroused by your regular partner. Make sure your open with your partner about what turns you on to have a better overall sexual experience.”
Above are 12 best natural home remedies for erectile dysfunction you can try applying for your problem. If you want to view more the natural remedies for other health conditions, please visit our Home Remedies page and do not forget to leave your comment in the box below to show us your thoughts. We hope that you will find the information useful for you. All content provided are for informational & educational purposes. We recommend you consult a healthcare professional to determine which method is appropriate for you.
- Treatments for erectile dysfunction medically reviewed by Debra Rose Wilson, PhD, MSN, RN, IBCLC, AHN-BC, CHT [URL Link]
- Natural cures for erectile dysfunction medically reviewed by Justin Laube, MD [URL Link]
- Some treatments for erectile dysfunction reviewed by Alana Biggers, MD, MPH [URL Link]