Do you feel uncomfortable when burping? Do you have trouble in looking for the best ways to put a stop to sulfur burps naturally at home? If “yes”, you should not skip this article because Effective Remedies will not waste your time and money anymore. Above all, you need to understand what burping is. It is the gases of your digestive system, which is emitted through your mouth. Sometimes it is accompanied by an odor similar to the odor of a rotten egg or sulfur, which certainly causes the discomfort to you. In the framework of this article, we will discuss top 21 natural ways on how to get rid of sulfur burps at home.
Top 21 Ways On How To Get Rid Of Sulfur Burps Naturally At Home
You have several remedies that help you to get rid of sulfur burps at home in an effective and safe way. Now, continue reading our post to discover these methods.
1. Drink Plenty Of Water
In fact, drinking plenty of water is one of the first ways on how to get rid of sulfur burps naturally at home. Water helps digestion a lot so that food can be easily broken down and essential nutrients are absorbed by the body.
In addition to helping to boost up digestion, drinking water offers many other health benefits. Water helps to protect your stomach from being infected by harmful bacteria, get rid of bad breath, keep your joints well-lubricated, lose weight, and flush out toxins and waste products from the body.
2. How To Get Rid Of Sulfur Burps With Fennel Seeds
If you are trying to search some ways on how to get rid of sulfur burps naturally at home, you cannot ignore fennel seeds. Fennel seeds are loaded with several compounds, including limonene, cineole, anethole, etc., which offer anti-flatulence, carminative, and antioxidant properties. When you start to take these small black seeds, you will get rid of sulfur burps fast and effectively! The method will definitely work wonders for you!
- Firstly, take 1 tablespoon of fennel seeds.
- Then, chew these seeds.
- You should do this process two times a day, once in the early morning and once in the evening.
- Repeat this method every day and you will remove your discomfort soon.
Consuming the mixture of fennel and asafetida may be an excellent way on how to get rid of sulfur burps at home because both these ingredients offer anti-flatulence properties.
- Firstly, take 2 tablespoons of fennel seeds and 1 teaspoon of asafetida to a bowl.
- Then, put 1 teaspoon of honey in this bowl and mix them properly.
- Now, directly have this mixture.
- You should repeat it 2 times a day.
3. Avoid Large Meals
It sounds strange, but it is true! Many people like the feeling of having a full stomach, so they prefer eating large meals. However, this habit will put the stomach under pressure and it can lead to many serious problems in the long term. On the other hand, eating light meals helps the stomach to digest foods better.
Even if you are having an aim of weight gain, you should also not apply large meals. It is recommended that people who are trying to gain weight should eat 5 to 6 light meals a day.
4. How To Get Rid Of Sulfur Burps With Green Tea
Similar to the way of drinking plenty of clean water to help digest food well, consuming green tea may help to remove a sulfur smell from a burp. Green tea offers many health benefits because it consists of many antioxidants that help to protect the body from various diseases.
According to the researchers in Japan, green tea aids in reducing sulfur compounds in your mouth. Sulfur may also occur in your mouth when foods are broken down by bacteria. This tea helps to remove the odors caused by hydrogen sulfide. Also, it has a deodorizing effect in your mouth and it may help to treat the symptoms of bad breath .
- Make a cup of green tea by adding a green tea bag to a cup of very hot water.
- Then, let it steep for about 5 minutes.
- After that, drink the tea 2 to 3 times a day.
5. Caraway Seeds
Caraway seeds contain flavonoid antioxidants such as carotene, lutein, crypto-xanthin, & zeaxanthin. Also, it is a great source of minerals such as iron, calcium, manganese, potassium, selenium copper, magnesium, and zinc. The seeds also consist of many B-complex vitamins and vital vitamins such as A, E, & C. Principle volatile compounds present in caraway seeds are carvone, carveol, pinene, limonene, cumuninic aldehyde, thujone, and furfural. These active constituents have potent antioxidant, carminative, anti-flatulent, and digestive properties. Therefore, caraway seeds are very useful to fight the condition.
Besides, these seeds help to calm your digestive tract and prevent the gas formation in the stomach.
- Simply, take 1 tablespoon of caraway seeds.
- Then, add these seeds to your regular salad.
- Now, have the salad.
- Or, you can directly eat these seeds.
6. How To Get Rid Of Sulfur Burps With Chamomile Tea
Another way on how to get rid of sulfur burps is to drink chamomile tea. If you drink this tea regularly, your immunity will be improved significantly.
Chamomile tea helps to relieve excess gas and reduce stomach pain. Chamomile is considered as a natural anti-inflammatory agent that can aid in soothing your digestive tract and preventing nausea, diarrhea, & vomiting.
According to studies into the medicinal effects of chamomile, it has a great effect on digestive disorders. One research has shown that chamomile helps to remove gas from your gastrointestinal tract, reduce the signs of gastric ulcers, and soothe the stomach .
- Firstly, add 1 cup of the dried chamomile flowers to half a bowl of hot water.
- Then, let this mixture steep for about 10 minutes.
- After that, strain it and drink it after your meal.
- Repeat this habit after each meal to remove dad smelling sulfur burps soon.
7. Honey & Lemon
In some cases, sulfur burps can result in the pain in your stomach. To deal with this issue, you may use the combination of honey & lemon. With antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects, both ingredients can inhibit the growth of bacteria in the stomach .
According to the Journal of Sultan Qaboos University Medical, consuming Manuka honey may kill the H. pylori bacteria that cause peptic ulcers and gastritis. In addition, honey also ads in boosting digestion and protecting the gastric lining .
- Firstly, add 1 tsp. each of lemon juice & honey to a glass of warm water.
- Then, mix them thoroughly.
- Finally, drink the mixture in the early morning to get quick relief.
- Repeat the process daily until your condition disappears completely.
8. How To Get Rid Of Sulfur Burps With Peppermint Tea
Drinking peppermint tea is an effective tip on how to get rid of sulfur burps naturally at home that you should not miss. It offers you a lot of benefits, including removing bad breath caused due to sulfur burps. Besides, adding a drop of peppermint oil to one cup of herbal tea may help to improve digestion and remove a sulfur smell from the breath.
According to one book named “Molecular Targets and Therapeutic Uses of Spices: Modern Uses for Ancient Medicine”, peppermint oil contains a gastroprotective effect on your gut & digestive processes. The researchers also reported that peppermint may inhibit the hydrogen sulfide production in the intestines. To make this tea, follow the steps below.
- Firstly, add peppermint leaves (1 cup) to half a bowl of water.
- Then, boil the water and allow it to cool a little.
- Now, strain the tea and drink it.
- Drink this tea 3 times a day.
9. How To Get Rid Of Sulfur Burps With Propolis
Propolis is effective in reducing sulfur burps and improving bad breath. Being formed by bees, propolis contains antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties.
Some studies on the medicinal effects of using propolis have found that propolis may help to boost the digestive system. Another study published in the Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine in 2013 also indicated that propolis can be able to remove sulfur exhaled through the mouth .
10. Reduce Sulfur-Containing Foods
If you do not like the smell of sulfur burps, you may try reducing the intake of sulfur-containing foods. This helps to reduce the sulfur smell from your burps and the air that you exhale through the mouth.
Dr. Elizabeth Ward, a nutrition consultant found that garlic and onions are the worst offenders for sulfur burps. The sulfur in garlic & onions can stay in the mouth for long and they are absorbed into your bloodstream and exhaled through your breath and gas.
However, many sulfur-containing foods are very healthy and good for you and your immunity. Therefore, you should not completely avoid these foods. Instead, you should try and identify specific foods that cause sulfur burps and then remove them.
11. How To Get Rid Of Sulfur Burps With Ginger
This is another easy way on how to get rid of sulfur burps naturally at home. The powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects of ginger do the job well for you. In addition, ginger can help to reduce the symptoms of nausea & bloating and boost digestion.
Some studies of The University of Maryland indicated that ginger was extensively used by many medical professionals in treating nausea, vomiting, & indigestion. Ginger may also reduce inflammation, which may occur in prolonged periods of sour stomach & diarrhea. You should try one of the awesome remedies now.
- At first, take 1 small piece of ginger.
- Then, chew it for a few minutes.
- Repeat this way 3 times a day to get relief.
- This way is also beneficial to prevent sulfur burps.
Even ginger tea will offer immense value when it comes to the treatment of sulfur burps and diarrhea.
- Firstly, add 2 ginger pieces to one glass of water.
- Next, boil the water and then let the water cool down.
- After that, strain the solution.
- Now, drink the ginger tea.
- Repeat it at least 2 times a day to get the best results.
- Firstly, combine 1 tsp. each of dried ginger, cardamom seeds, and pepper.
- Then, grind the mixture into a fine powder.
- After that, add this powder to 1/4 cup of water and mix them thoroughly.
- Finally, consume this solution after breakfast.
- Repeat the method after lunch & dinner.
- Follow this daily.
- At first, add 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon and 1/2 tsp. of ground ginger to one cup of hot water.
- Then, mix them thoroughly.
- Now, steep the mixture for about 10 minutes and then add 1 teaspoon of honey to it.
- After that, mix it again.
- Finally, directly drink the solution.
- Repeat this method every day.
12. How To Get Rid Of Sulfur Burps With Yogurt
Many doctors said that yogurt contains probiotics that help to remove sulfur burps and a bad breath effectively at home. They also suggest consuming yogurts that contain strains of streptococci and lactobacilli bacteria. In fact, probiotics are healthy bacteria, which help to break down foods better and improve the digestive system. Also, plain probiotic yogurt can aid in soothing your digestive system and managing medical conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome that cause sulfur burps.
The combination of yogurt & cumin seeds is an excellent remedy for sulfur burps that you should try. This is because yogurt promotes the healthy growth of good bacteria inside your digestive system and the several phytochemicals of cumin seeds have anti-flatulence and carminative properties.
- Firstly, add one cup of water to 2 cups of yogurt to dilute the yogurt.
- Now, mix it well and put 1 tablespoon of cumin seeds to the yogurt.
- Then, mix it again.
- Finally, directly consume this mixture.
- Repeat this habit regularly to treat sulfur burps fast.
13. Carrots & Banana
Apart from being great types of fruit, both carrots and bananas are beneficial in getting rid of sulfur burps at home. In fact, carrots are low in calories while they contain a good source of incredibly versatile and fiber. They are also loaded with vitamins, which makes them an inexpensive alternative to a multivitamin. Meanwhile, bananas are one of the most nutritious foods in nature. It contains a lot of simple carbohydrates, which the body may break down quickly for energy. It is also rich in minerals and vitamins such as potassium and vitamin B-6.
Therefore, the combination supplies the body the essential nutrients that help to nullify the acids & gases in your digestive tract.
- At first, slice 3 carrots into small pieces and mash 1 banana.
- Then, add these carrot slices and mashed banana in one glass of water.
- Now, mix them well.
- Finally, have this pulp.
- Follow the simple way daily to alleviate sulfur burps.
14. How To Get Rid Of Sulfur Burps With Baking Soda
Baking soda has been used for years in managing the numbers of acids inside the stomach. Therefore, you may take advantage of this ingredient for how to remove sulfur burps. It has the potential to cure many digestive problems such as heartburn, ulcer pain, etc. In addition, it helps to balance electrolytes in the body after having an upset stomach. It is also a deodorizer in nature and can aid in treating stinky burps & bad breath.
According to the Journal of Clinical Dentistry, odorous gas exhaled from your mouth is a major concern to a lot of people and baking soda in toothpaste may help to reduce bad breath and the effects may last for up to three hours .
- Firstly, add one tsp. of baking soda to half a glass of warm water.
- Then, mix them well.
- Finally, directly have this solution.
- You may begin to feel better after just about 5 minutes.
15. How To Get Rid Of Sulfur Burps With Lime Juice
Like lemon, this is one of other natural ways on how to get rid of sulfur burps at home. You should use this juice daily morning before having breakfast. Thanks to its detoxifying effects, it helps to expel the harmful toxins from your stomach and the whole body and alleviate the condition.
- Firstly, take one glass of lime juice.
- Then, drink the juice in the early morning when your stomach is empty.
- Repeat this way every morning to get relief from sulfur and sour burps.
16. Avoid Canned Foods And Alcohol
Nowadays, people become busier than ever. Daily work takes lots of their time and they have a tendency to ignore the importance of what they eat daily. Canned foods become popular due to its quickness. However, people do not know that they offer many negative effects on their digestive systems. Whether you are very busy or not, you should replace canned foods with organic fruits and vegetables to remove sulfur burps.
Besides, the excessive consumption of alcohol is the main cause of sulfur burps. Therefore, to remove sulfur burps, you need to give up the bad habit of drinking alcohol. After all, drinking too much alcohol causes many threats to your health.
17. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar can offer you great effects on the sulfur burp removal only when you use it frequently. The acetic acid content present in apple cider vinegar aids in increasing the number of good bacteria in the gut, which helps to remove sulfur burps.
According to the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, apple cider vinegar may help to relieve inflammation in your gut and cure digestive problems. Clinical trials also have shown that the presence of acetic acid aided in increasing Bifidobacteria and Lactobacillus strains of bacteria .
- Firstly, mix 1 to 2 tbsp. of raw apple cider vinegar in 1 glass of water.
- Then, drink it immediately.
- Repeat this remedy twice daily.
Note: To improve its taste and increase its healing power, you add a little honey to the vinegar.
All the above ways on how to get rid of sulfur burps are natural and easy to follow at home. Hence, we think they are completely safe for you to try. Let give them a try for your problem. Don't forget to leave your comments about this article! For the natural treatments for other health & beauty problems, please visit our How To page.